Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 08:26 AM

2,080 posts, read 3,920,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot66 View Post
My father was a Lt. pilot, killed in WWII and my brother served in Viet Nam. I find it highly insulting for this guy to LIE about serving. Why would ANYONE in their right mind vote for this person.
CT is full of people who would rather vote for a soft white underbelly lib rather than someone with a spine, who can do the right thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 08:38 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,942,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
CT is full of people who would rather vote for a soft white underbelly lib rather than someone with a spine, who can do the right thing.
Unfortunately, that's really true. It's not to the credit of this state. Though I'm not sure McMahon fits the bill. I really believe that with the right candidate, this Breck Girl Blumenthal could be beaten, but I don't know if McMahon can do it.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:09 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,256 times
I am extremely disappointed that McMahon is the best we could come up with. Im not saying she wouldnt turn out to be good for the state, but I was hoping for someone better.
I still think she has no shot to win; not in this state.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:29 PM

I'm no fan of McMahon either. Increasingly, I'm thinking we need a little chaos in this country. Too often, a well meaning candidate(does such a thing exist?) gets elected by campaigning on "things" he/she will do. When they get to Washington, they get swallowed by the machine and are forced to tow the party line. It's very frustrating, and I think things need to be shaken up, big time... And I don't see anyone/thing on the horizon including the Tea Party (being corrupted by the Republicans).

Old 05-29-2010, 05:11 PM

184 posts, read 438,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
You need some serious change there. I've never been to Ct. The only person I know of in Ct., is Martha Stewart ( a lib presume). Please don't follow her.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:28 PM

34,913 posts, read 56,885,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot66 View Post
You need some serious change there. I've never been to Ct. The only person I know of in Ct., is Martha Stewart ( a lib presume). Please don't follow her.
Actually Martha moved to Westchester County, New York several years ago. Jay

Old 05-30-2010, 08:34 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,303,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
Unfortunately, that's really true. It's not to the credit of this state. Though I'm not sure McMahon fits the bill. I really believe that with the right candidate, this Breck Girl Blumenthal could be beaten, but I don't know if McMahon can do it.

Just remember the saying, you pay for what you get.

Republicans if they were smart would have picked the better candidate in Simmons. Instead, they hopped on the Linda bandwagon because of the $$$$$ factor. Recent polls show more people in the state have an unfavorable view of her than a favorable. This wasn't the case with Simmons. Just desperate to win, the cash factor over not in fielding the best candidate.

The entire political world needs to be flushed - both sides.

Old 05-30-2010, 08:54 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,942,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerdeck View Post

Republicans if they were smart would have picked the better candidate in Simmons. Instead, they hopped on the Linda bandwagon because of the $$$$$ factor. Recent polls show more people in the state have an unfavorable view of her than a favorable. This wasn't the case with Simmons. Just desperate to win, the cash factor over not in fielding the best candidate.

Absolutely. The political world has become a cesspool that is destroying us. To me, Blumenthal and McMahon are just further filling of the cesspool. I don't see anything in either one of them that will lead to a better government.

Old 05-30-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerdeck View Post

Amen. Simmons was the better candidate, but he had a previous run at it(house). His time was up, what did he do to change the country for the better? He helped keep the sub base off of the BRAC list. But at what cost?

These people get elected and get perverted by power and influence and end up kowtowing to special interest groups. It has to change.

Flush em all!

Old 05-30-2010, 09:26 AM

470 posts, read 1,154,994 times
He lied about his military record.
He got caught and he apologized.
And...?

If you were to prosecute all of the people that lie about their military records you'd have to close down all of the VFW's, American Legions and assorted retirement homes around the US. Because most of their occupants would be in jail.

If he can do the job...and he doesn't get caught in any more lies...let him do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut