Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2009, 06:07 AM

40 posts, read 100,327 times

Advertisements

Hi Connecticut!

I'm new to this forum today and asking a question about Candlewood Isle, CT-- what does anyone know about that community?

My husband and I are either looking to move full time to CT or part-time in the summers to be closer to family in the northeast, NYC, Phila and NJ. I spent most of my childhood in Westport, but it seems untouchable and probably not up to my memories. I loved it there and didn't want to move and have only been back for a few short visits in many years. I was there in the '60's. So, any suggestions?

I'm a professional dog trainer and work on my own so it would be great to hear areas that are diverse and open and not too elite and expensive.

Many thanks,

Maggie88
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 07:57 AM

2,639 posts, read 7,440,885 times
It is a guarded community. There are many activities going on throughout the course of the year, and there are numerous social clubs. Community amenities include a clubhouse, marina, bocci, beach, tennis and children's summer camp. Small homes not on the water start in the low $300s,waterfronts start in the high $600s up to over $3 million (per CMLS 7/12/09). Good luck~Jon

Old 07-12-2009, 08:32 AM

40 posts, read 100,327 times
by guarded -- you mean like gated or are you speaking of something else? Sorry, never heard the term guarded that way.

Maggie88

Old 07-12-2009, 10:23 AM

2,080 posts, read 4,849,260 times
Gated:

Candlewood Isle, Connecticut

Old 07-12-2009, 11:10 AM

2,639 posts, read 7,440,885 times
They have a security guard at the front gate, that you need tell who you are there to visit if you do not live there.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:39 PM

526 posts, read 1,004,394 times
I grew up in New Fairfield and think it's a great town (my family still lives there). The Isle originated as a summer community where many people winterized and expanded creating year round homes. There are also gorgeous larger homes that have been built - those are the ones that go for a mil and up. It's a great place for a vacation or summer home. A drawback for living there year round is that the roads are narrow and windy and the driveways are horrendous. Also the "gated" aspect always applied more in the summer than winter. No one every asked my name or who I was going to see in March. As a matter of fact there was never any one to ask me! That could have changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut