Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2013, 02:55 AM

1 posts, read 2,943 times

Advertisements

I have white spots on my Mitsubishi 65" also at first I thought it was the lamp so I was just waiting for the lamp to go completely out. well replaced the lamp and now I have more spots. This is problem makes no sense. How do I join the class action lawsuit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 10:14 AM

1 posts, read 2,922 times
Default Spots issue in the process of being handled.

I purchased my DLP Mitsubishi 73" Diamond WD-73833 television from BestBuy in October 2008 along with a 4 year warranty. Replaced the lamp thru BestBuy once in 2010 and installed it myself. Lamp went out again in June 2013 and ordered a Philips lamp online which I promptly installed. Less than a week later, a black dot showed up, followed by two to three black dots every other day. I didn't have time to deal with the dots as I was leaving for vacation in late June and have been out of town on business trips most of July. Needless to say, the wife and kids haven't been happy. White dots finally started showing up a few weeks ago and now we're up to 10 white dots and 50+ black dots. I have read every post to this thread, ranging from no hope and rage to satisfaction and resolution. After contacting their customer service department via phone, I'm happy that Mitsubishi is helping take care of part of this expense. Although I would like to not be out any money, I understand electronic toys don't last forever. Paying $200 for labor, though I'm pretty sure I can install the defective chip myself, seems like a deal to me when you consider the facts that I purchased a floor model almost 5 years ago, the 4 year warranty expired last year, the repair guy is going to clean the TV inside and out, and that I may be in the 5% that the chip is not the only issue. Also, I'm not quite ready to buy the 3D television that I really want. That being said, call Mitsubishi at 800/332-2119, have your serial number and receipt information with you, be polite, they are aware of the issue and should offer to take care of the part if you pay for the $200 labor bill. I plan to post a follow-up reply should the repair not go according to my plan or if the dots ever return.

Old 09-05-2013, 09:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,840 times
I have a 65 in[i] DLP mits. I bought it because i thought mits meant quaity it Really Means we all bought a bad product. they really should help customers. They just want money i paid $2800.00 for what i thought was a great product, I have paid for the $200.00 bulb plus labor. I just cant wait to find out what the chip set is going to cost. i would be interested in a class action law suit. Don

Old 09-08-2013, 05:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,812 times
73" DLP - WD 73735 - purchased 2009 - HHGregg - replaced bulb twice - white spots noticed last month - Customer Svc notified ... informed that management is aware of the problem and that Mitsubishi would cover the cost to replace the DMV Chip - however, I must cover the labor/transportation fee.

I think there's a defect when you replace the bulb if affects the DMV Chip... that's why I think Mitsubishi knew of this defect and had time to correct.

I'm not satisfied...we should band together for a class action suit. This problem apparently has been going on since 2007 or possibly earlier.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:30 AM

2 posts, read 5,436 times
I had the same problem with my tv. White spots all over. I followed your instructions and they were very helpful, my chip is being sent to a registered Mitsubishi Dealer to install.

Old 09-24-2013, 11:10 AM

2 posts, read 5,436 times
I followed Greg's suggestions. And it worked. My tv is only 3 years old and cost a bundle. I didn't want to buy another tv. The agent at Mitsibishi was nice and took care of my chip under warranty and contacting the repair shop. The repair shop called me, they had the part in stock and scheduled my repair in 3 days. Talk about fast service. So if you have the same problem, read Greg_Texas instructions.

Old 11-13-2013, 03:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,430 times
I purchased my 65' Mitsubishi HD ready t.v. in 2011. My screen is littered with white spots (looks like the Milky Way Galaxy). Called Mitsubishi last week. They have sent the part to the one of their repair units and they guy is coming over tomorrow night. I'm still interested in class action lawsuit. mdvice@hotmail.com. This should have never happened, and I shouldn't have to pay $200+ dollars for conginental defects.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:44 AM

1 posts, read 2,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnturfmaster View Post
I just got done fixing my 65" model #WD-Y657 myself. Didn't feel like fighting with mitsubishi. Found the DMD chip (that is all that is needed. No color wheel or light engine) at [URL="http://www.shopjimmy.com"]www.shopjimmy.com[/URL] for $159.00. Found a video on youtube on how to properly change out the part. From start to finish, the whole process took less than 1 hour. The picture looks just like it did when it was brand new. Very easy fix.

I have the exact same model as you. Could you possible give me the part number you bought from shopjimmy? There are a lot of similar parts there and I don't know which one is which for my TV.

Thank you
Ed in Columbus, OH

Old 12-12-2013, 05:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,237 times
Hi, my son bought us a big screen just like everyone else thousands of spots now! Started just one,then ten, and so on like the other person my husband and I live on disability he is a cancer patient, And me well don't get me started. anyway the same bull everyone else got NOW WHAT!!!!!

Old 12-24-2013, 09:09 AM

1 posts, read 2,149 times
hello owners
reading some of your comments concerning the problem with white spots,does anyone have a number in which too contact too see if i can resolve my same issue. thanks so much.

mgolf8755@aol.c
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics