Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2012, 12:15 PM

759 posts, read 3,689,043 times

Advertisements

So I'm the OP. TV was replaced over a year ago and we're happy

However, I just received the following email. Did anyone else receive this? I wonder if it's worth looking into.

If you own or have owned any of the television sets listed below, you
may be entitled to receive benefits as a result of the settlement of a
class action lawsuit. Please go to http://settlement.mdea.com/ for
complete details.

WD-52525
WD-52725
WD-52825
WD-52825G
WD-62525
WD-62725
WD-62825
WD-62825G
WD-52327
WD-62327
WD-52628
WD-62628
WD-52631
WD-57731
WD-57732
WD-65731
WD-65732
WD-Y57
WD-Y65
WD-73732
WD-57831
WD-65831
WD-73831

Further Qualification and Benefits

If you have one of the television models listed in the table above, please see the "How to File a Claim" document for more information on qualification and benefits.

Your Options

Your Legal Rights and Options in this Settlement

Do Nothing: You will be included in the Settlement and will receive the extended warranty benefit provided by the Settlement.

Exclude Yourself: You will not receive the full benefits provided by this Settlement. This is the only option that allows you to be part of an individual lawsuit (no class action) against Mitsubishi about the facts and legal claims in this case.

Be Heard or Object: Write to the Court about why you like or don't like the Settlement.

Go to Hearing: Attend a hearing before the Court about the fairness of the Settlement.

For more information regarding your options in this settlement, including pertinent dates, please see the "Notice" document (http://settlement.mdea.com/Documents/notice.pdf).

Full Details

Please see the "Notice" document (http://settlement.mdea.com/Documents/notice.pdf) for the full details of this case.

Update Profile
This email was sent by: Mitsubishi Electric Visual Solutions America, Inc.
9351 Jeronimo Road Irvine, Ca., 92618, USA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 10:31 AM

2 posts, read 30,601 times
Hey everyone! I have a 57 dlp made nov07 and I bought it for over 2k in jan,08.I replaced the bulb with an osram factory replacement at 6110 hours in early 2010.Now I have the infamous stuck pixels.They started a month ago with 2 or 3, now there's 100 easy.I called the mitsubishi line posted on this forum,and Anna from the phillipines asked me a few questions then without hesitation said mitubishi will gladly replace the chip,no charge,but I have to pay labor 200 dollars.I said this forum shows people who got it free and there are no repair places close to me anymore.I will do it myself as Im a certified appliance repair tech,Anna said she has to escalate my issue and someone will call tuesday march 3rd 2012.I am happy that mitsubishi owned up to the fact that its an issue with nearly all dlp tvs over 3 to 5 years old.I have a 1 1/2 year old plasma and an led new.I pray I don't have issues there.I know from looking on the web that the dlp white specks are very common, and now even a class action lawsuit.I just couldn't bring myself to throw away a like new 57inch tv,that looks awesome otherwise.I will update when I get called back,I don't think we should pay anything for a 3 to 4 year old set that cost 2k plus calibration and yearly cleanings and new bulbs.This tv already cost me more than both new flat screen put together.Thanks to all the posters you guy's are awesome,and probably saved me a large headache, and money I don't have to throw around.Especially in this economy.Thanks and Good luck to all!!!!!!

Old 04-02-2012, 06:13 PM

2 posts, read 30,601 times
UPDATE: I called mitsubishi today since there were no managers on the week end,I told the rep that answered they have my info already but I can change the DMD chip in 20 minutes myself and I am not paying 200 bucks for a easy repair.he said I had to wait for an escalation call back.I nicely explained that I have done this repair myself for others and I already waited for a call and I would like someone with the power to fix this now as I have to work and can't wait for call backs.I was put on hold, within a minute or so Diana a customer advocate rep got on the line and after about 3 minutes of me explaining my pc building and appliance experience she took my address and said the new parts will be sent out tomorrow as I missed the ship cut off time.So I am very happy I should have my tv working like new for free and I already took it all apart and cleaned all fans, heatsinks,surfaces and blew out the whole tv.Now I have about 10 minutes to replace new DMD and put the cover on clean as new.I called a couple times and all in all was about the easiest service I have ever experienced.Anyone having stuck pixel issues,don't give up,Mitsubishi will help.I still can't believe how easy the process was.I had a Dell laptop and WOW! I sure didn't have my issue fixed anywhere near this easily.I know no one's perfect,but there is a big difference in support.Good luck to all!

Old 05-05-2012, 07:40 PM

1 posts, read 15,030 times
Default White spots

We to have a 82 inch Mitsubishi the lamp went out on it we replaced it a few days later these white spots appeared started with 1 then 3 to 5 to 7 now there's like 20 spots I also see black dots what is it?

Old 05-21-2012, 05:05 PM

2 posts, read 29,885 times
Default Mitsubishi TV with white spots

Hello. I am having the exact problem with my tv. Went from 3 black specks to over 40 and now white spots as well. Mitsubshi is stating they will replace the lamp $225 and I will have to pay for the labor $200. My tv is not quite 2 years old and it first started 8 months ago. Is anyone out there aware of a class action law suit. Seems to be many of us having the exact same issue which means it is a manufacturing defect. Please contact me asap. Thanks!

Old 05-21-2012, 05:26 PM

2 posts, read 29,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisa51 View Post
We to have a 82 inch Mitsubishi the lamp went out on it we replaced it a few days later these white spots appeared started with 1 then 3 to 5 to 7 now there's like 20 spots I also see black dots what is it?
I am having the same issue. Apparantly it is a manufacturing defect and there is a law suit. If you go up the post you will see the information. My tv isn't listed but I will be calling in the morning to get included. Mitsubishi should be giving out warranties to cover the repair. They told me they would send me a new part but I had to pay for the labor. I said no...

Old 05-21-2012, 10:18 PM

2 posts, read 29,864 times
We bought this 65in. Mitsubishi Rear Projection LCD Television about 4 years back from Costco in SouthCenter. Changed the bulb once, all of a sudden 1 tiny white dot appeared when the tv is turned on. 3 weeks later there's about 25 to 30 white dots. Does anyone know if there's any Class Action Lawsuit that would help us??

Old 05-21-2012, 10:20 PM

2 posts, read 29,864 times
Default White dots on Rear Projection Televisions...

We bought this 65in. Mitsubishi Rear Projection LCD Television about 4 years back from Costco in SouthCenter. Changed the bulb once, all of a sudden 1 tiny white dot appeared when the tv is turned on. 3 weeks later there's about 25 to 30 white dots. Does anyone know if there's any Class Action Lawsuit that would help us??

Old 05-30-2012, 11:48 AM

178 posts, read 328,492 times
We had a Mitsubishi Rear Projection 1080i, HD capable in 1999. We never replaced anything or did anything to it - it just kept on going. When we sold our home in April 2012, we had to downsize tremendously to move into a modern small condo. Someone actually bought the old TV and is enjoying it along with our 30 year old Zenith VCR. Honestly - not kidding!!

Old 06-23-2012, 08:59 PM

1 posts, read 14,645 times
I"m having the same problem with my mitsubishi...replaced the bulb a few months back..just started getting little white dots..i just read you can get the problem fixed for 200.00$...please let me know if this is true...thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics