Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 10:42 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,048,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
And it will repeatedly have problems with the same numbers, but will send to other numbers with absolutely no problem in between.
Sounds like there's a compatibility issue. What speed is the fax machine set at? IIRC, the two common speeds are 14400 and 33600.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 05:29 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,371,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramirez2012 View Post
Sounds like there's a compatibility issue. What speed is the fax machine set at? IIRC, the two common speeds are 14400 and 33600.
Ooh, I have no idea on that one.

*Edit* Ok, it says it is at 33.6 kbps

Old 06-23-2011, 05:39 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,048,964 times
Quote:
Ooh, I have no idea on that one.

*Edit* Ok, it says it is at 33.6 kbps
I believe the most compatible speed is 14400, so try that and see if it fixes the problem.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:45 PM

23,484 posts, read 23,823,319 times
Quote:
SOME fax numbers will not successfully send the faxes. We send all day to numbers with no problems. But then occasionally, the machine will find a number it doesn't like, and the faxes will never go through.
Quote:
it will repeatedly have problems with the same numbers, but will send to other numbers with absolutely no problem in between.
I'm fairly certain that you have your solution...
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Based on your description, it's almost certainly an incompatibility between the fax hardware.
Quote:
Sounds like there's a compatibility issue.
Get a new fax machine, or a second one. If you get a second one, make sure that it's a different brand. If you REALLY want to make sure that you don't have the same problem with the same remote machines, research which chipsets your current machine and the potential new machine use, and make sure they're different.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:48 PM

23,484 posts, read 23,823,319 times
Quote:
I believe the most compatible speed is 14400, so try that and see if it fixes the problem.
If it can't sync at 33.6, it'll automatically drop to 14.4 and try again. Depending on the brand/settings, it may keep dropping until it hits 300 baud...

This is a chipset-chipset compatibility problem. I virtually (since this is the Internet ) guarantee it.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:43 AM

8,046 posts, read 28,371,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I'm fairly certain that you have your solution...

Get a new fax machine, or a second one. If you get a second one, make sure that it's a different brand. If you REALLY want to make sure that you don't have the same problem with the same remote machines, research which chipsets your current machine and the potential new machine use, and make sure they're different.
Our appointment to have our new copy machine delivered and set up is next week. So then we will have a brand new commercial grade copy/scan/fax (the copy/scan machine we have now is about 5 years old) and our existing fax machine. If one doesn't work, hopefully the other will, since they will be about as opposite as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics