Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 06:24 PM

28 posts, read 18,591 times

Advertisements

Cheesecurd is too smooth. SPAM.

This being a tech list is there not a good tech solutions to the cameras?

I would think it reasonably easy to do a fast trigger flash lamp out the back and front triggered by a flash coming in.

A little tricky design...have to be a fast sensor running off brightness and rise time. But should be doable. They could outlaw such I suppose but it would be tricky. Simple a flash like a camera after all.

Some nuisances. Probably set off by road side hazard lights and cop car flashers. But you could mostly filter those.

The camera guys have obvious counter strategies. But they can be countered too. Make a nice product...have a regular update war with the camera guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 06:12 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You don't have to speed thru, you just have to go fast enough.
If I understand correctly you're pulling up to a red light at a faster than normal speed and presumably going farther into the intersection than normal? How is it you think those in the cross traffic are going to react to that?

I know if I'm the person driving in the cross traffic I'm going to slow down which in turn causes a chain reaction if there is a line of traffic behind me. Most accidents are caused by things like this where the normal flow of traffic becomes impeded.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:24 AM

119 posts, read 293,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
Cheese Curd is too smooth. SPAM.

This being a tech list is there not a good tech solutions to the cameras?

I would think it reasonably easy to do a fast trigger flash lamp out the back and front triggered by a flash coming in.

A little tricky design...have to be a fast sensor running off brightness and rise time. But should be doable. They could outlaw such I suppose but it would be tricky. Simple a flash like a camera after all.

Some nuisances. Probably set off by road side hazard lights and cop car flashers. But you could mostly filter those.

The camera guys have obvious counter strategies. But they can be countered too. Make a nice product...have a regular update war with the camera guys.
"Cheese Curd is too smooth. SPAM" I find this statement un fair to say the least! All I have done is present some new and useful technology on a science and technology forum!. I made it quite clear I did not sell or profit from sharing information on this device. In fact I provided no link to any stores selling this product!. I find my post no different than others here talking about their model computers and such. Don't you feel a little over judgmental about your statement regarding my useful post?

Old 11-15-2011, 07:58 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
If I understand correctly you're pulling up to a red light at a faster than normal speed and presumably going farther into the intersection than normal? How is it you think those in the cross traffic are going to react to that?
Trust me, the camera trigger is a lot more sensitive than the people on the cross traffic, in most cases. And false triggers may be one of the reasons couple of red light cameras I encounter regularly are no longer being used (they still flash, however).

Old 11-15-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the coalman View Post

I know if I'm the person driving in the cross traffic I'm going to slow down which in turn causes a chain reaction if there is a line of traffic behind me. Most accidents are caused by things like this where the normal flow of traffic becomes impeded.
As a semi truck driver I can say that such a action as this could cause me to slam on my brake full and could cause a uncontrolled accident situation. When approaching a buisy intersection with a 80,000 pound load I always take my foot off the accelerator and cover the brake with my foot to cut down on reaction time. There is NO SAFE reason for a motorist to purposely speed up to a intersection and suddenly stop like that!.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecurd View Post
When approaching a intersection with a 80,000 pound load I always take my foot off the accelerator and cover the brake with my foot. There is NO SAFE reason for a motorist to purposely speed up to a intersection and suddenly stop like that!.
Drove a single axle truck myself for many years, maybe half a million miles in the truck and that's all local which is a lot. No accidents which is another feat that is hard to accomplish with local driving partly because of the reason you cite, being aware of what other drivers are doing and ready to take action plays a very large part in avoiding accidents. People pulling up to an intersection faster than normal will always get a reaction from me whether it's moving my foot to the brake or slowing down depending on how fast they are moving.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Trust me, the camera trigger is a lot more sensitive than the people on the cross traffic, in most cases.
Those of us with no accidents are very sensitive to this, it's one of the reasons we have no accidents. Pulling up to red light or stop sign unreasonably fast and decelerating quickly is one of my pet peeves as far as driving goes right behind the guy in the left lane that isn't passing.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:38 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Those of us with no accidents are very sensitive to this, it's one of the reasons we have no accidents. Pulling up to red light or stop sign unreasonably fast and decelerating quickly is one of my pet peeves as far as driving goes right behind the guy in the left lane that isn't passing.
Stop making assumptions about others, and "their accidents". You should be more sensitive to distracted drivers who're in a different world at the time, than someone who is well aware of these monstrosities and their sensitivity.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:54 AM

525 posts, read 899,659 times
All cameras should be burned. Anti American c##p. Ho rah for the police state.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein Ghost View Post
Stop making assumptions about others, and "their accidents". You should be more sensitive to distracted drivers who're in a different world at the time, than someone who is well aware of these monstrosities and their sensitivity.
"these monstrosities" as you put it make it possible for you to go to a store and buy the food you and your famialy eat each day".these monstrosities" make sure all the medicines your doctor prescribed for your continued health get to the pharmacy so you can buy them. We deliver the fuel you need to go to work each day, In fact without,these monstrosities life for the average person would be a big burden. You wouldn't be able to buy a new car for your wife, or parts for your washer at home when it breaks. In fact you couldn't even buy a washer in the first place!. Having to wash all your stuff by hand may not agree with your wife!, and would be hard to do anyway without the soap we delever. Your letter from aunt sue would never arive without trucks and neather would your bills. Trucks and transportation is what makes everything in this country work the way it does!. I like to feel my job is a important one for every one's comfort and security!

Last edited by cheesecurd; 11-15-2011 at 12:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics