U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2019, 09:17 AM

159 posts, read 76,363 times

Advertisements

Wow, comcast is the worst!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2019, 09:26 AM

8,930 posts, read 4,316,367 times
I got rid of Comcast long ago. Direct tv is next. Too much for the programming I do watch. Big waste of money. Streaming is the way to go these days.

Old 12-16-2019, 07:54 AM

13,029 posts, read 15,129,239 times
The way this old thread gets bumped again and again is the worst.

Old 12-16-2019, 09:08 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
34,085 posts, read 61,991,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
What would you save if you could live with OTA (antenna...), perhaps supplemented by Hulu, Netflix, DVDs etc (or books, games, radio and music?) -- Many are doing it these days. It can be a liberating experience.
We have all of those already, except OTA which doesn't work here with 100' trees all around us. We like to watch shows on CBC that our cable system shows on CBUT out of Vancouver, B.C. Because we are in the U.S. we cannot stream them, so as long as we can afford it we'll continue to pay the additional $125+-/month.

Old 12-24-2019, 08:11 AM

2,276 posts, read 524,781 times
I personally dont see the attraction of cable/satellite tv, especially when they started adding commercials. Way back, that was the big selling point, tv without commercials.... 500 channels and nothing to watch.

I am cheap, dont see point ever adding another monthly bill. I am moving to very rural area this spring. Not sure what OTA stations available. Tried to research it but got different answers. Probably exact location in relation to terrain matters. Oh well, like to have public tv station, but if I dont.... maybe at least one commercial station with a good local weather forcast, though I can get that online. Not too put off as I like to read. TV anymore mostly something to lull me to sleep when too tired to read.... but pop in a dvd and same difference. Netflix still rents dvds by mail. And apparently at new house, they still do rural delivery to individual boxes and not make me drive miles to a clusterbox like they went to here.

Old 12-29-2019, 10:00 AM

5,179 posts, read 2,237,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Yeah, did the person you were speaking with sound foreign?

Almost all of the credit card companies and time warner cable in my area have foreign sound dialogues when they speak.

I think TWC uses elephant herders in india.
TWC doesn't exist anymore. It's been Spectrum now for a while.

Old 12-29-2019, 12:09 PM

3,587 posts, read 3,181,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
TWC doesn't exist anymore. It's been Spectrum now for a while.
Yes, but that post was from 2012.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics