Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2013, 05:14 PM

3 posts, read 10,511 times

Advertisements

I have a Mitsubishi WD-65731

Today, I turned it on and it made some strange sounds.

When I press the on button, the timer does the usual flash for about 10-15 seconds.
Then, instead of the usual hum (fan?) and the screen appearing, I hear like a clicking sound.

Then, sounds like the fan but it stops and a low pitch sound (like a WWII bomb being dropped and falling before hitting the ground) starts. It lasat for about 6 seconds

Then, the clicking again with the TV trying to power on thenthe low pitch sound again

then it turns off.

Any ideas?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 12:36 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,274,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjniii View Post
I have a Mitsubishi WD-65731

Today, I turned it on and it made some strange sounds.

When I press the on button, the timer does the usual flash for about 10-15 seconds.
Then, instead of the usual hum (fan?) and the screen appearing, I hear like a clicking sound.

Then, sounds like the fan but it stops and a low pitch sound (like a WWII bomb being dropped and falling before hitting the ground) starts. It lasat for about 6 seconds

Then, the clicking again with the TV trying to power on thenthe low pitch sound again

then it turns off.

Any ideas?

thanks
If its a DLP TV it is most probably a lamp problem. I have a 65" and have replaced the lamp 3 or 4 times. In fact, I came to this forum to look for a new TV. My lamp is going out again.

Old 12-30-2013, 02:29 AM

8 posts, read 52,782 times
oh the joys of dlp tv's............ive been fighting an ongoing battle with mine as of late....after replacing at least 7 lamps in the last two years ....have you tried to do a hard reset..........unplug the thing for at least 60 seconds.....plug it back in.......then it will give you the stupid flashy lights ......pretend its gonna power up.........then no lights at all...........then you can do an error code button sequence. that link at the bottom of this post will totally explain the entire process and what the codes mean........then you should at least know what step to take next....im getting the red lamp light in the front but its def not a blown bulb because i can reset mine and it will power up for varied amounts of time, then the picture will almost strobe for a few seconds then power off and i get the red light again..........im nearly to the point of making a fish tank out of the thing so that i can at least have something to look at all the time instead of said constant headache..........i'm already in the market for a new (non-dlp) tv so i wont have to worry with the thing anymore at all.......

Mitsubishi TV Shutdown Troubleshooting - Stereo & Video Repair Co.......

Old 12-30-2013, 11:13 AM

1,713 posts, read 2,347,142 times
The loud pop you heard is usually indicative of a failed lamp. The clicking noise you hear is likely the ballast trying to turn the lamp on.

Old 12-24-2015, 09:09 PM

1 posts, read 5,720 times
I was curious if you replaced the bulb and if that was the problem? I have the same issue. Thanks in advance!

Old 12-13-2017, 05:44 PM

1 posts, read 3,086 times
I have a Mitsubishi 65 inch hd 1080 tv and I was trying to reprogram it and now it will not come back on at all and I have unplugged it wait a few minutes and it still not coming back on, i have changed the fuse and it is still not coming back on, can someone please let me know what I need to do please.

Old 01-03-2018, 03:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,999 times
Hello. I have a Mitsubishi wd-65731. Came home to a flashing red status light. It's a constant flash no code and it wouldn't power up. I unplugged it to reset. It then powered up like it was going to work I got a picture for a second but it shut down, as it did that, the yellow lamp light lit for a second along with the red status light. Lamp light shut off with the tv and the red status light continued to flash. Any advice? Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics