Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2015, 10:14 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times

Advertisements

We have been using the K60 (I think) coffee maker for almost 6 yrs at home and it is starting to give us some trouble. We were out of town over the holidays (machine was drained and unplugged) and when we came back it didn't want to push water into the pod and deliver...
ran white vinegar through it several times (I used a quart of vinegar and plain water afterwards in several full measures). It seemed to work ok w/o any pod--giving a full 10oz cup on the big selection--
but with a pod in, the amount of water drops an ounce or so probably...
We LOVE this machine--have a K-70/75 at our house in FL and don't want to go to the 2.0 BUT there are no more K series being made--
some stores--local Target--has some of the K-45 series still for sale and I can order via Amazon the K60/65 or K-75 discontinued but NEW models with premium for their scarcity---
these are priced at 240-275 which is almost 100 over what they were originally...but some of the sellers offer Amazon Prime which I trust in case there are issues with durability along the line...

I Googled one reseller that says it has new K75 for a good deal less--
this is like a no-name reseller and I guess I am leery of buying there and having issues with the machine in 6 mo or so...

There are also some other companies--Cuisinart mainly--with single serve coffee makers that get decent reviews except for durability of its pump...

We don't drink enough coffee to use a carafe-system and I sometimes like a different flavor than what my husband uses so having a pod-system is better suited to our coffee drinking...

Anyone want to give an opinion as to a single-serve maker they use or whether to pay the premium for an Amazon sourced unit vs a no-name 3rd party???

We are getting by with our current one but not sure how long it will last--
and anyone knows that the amount of water delivered via a pod-system does have an effect on the taste of what you drink...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 11:32 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Keurig 2.0 has DRM built in which is designed to prevent users from using pods not licensed by Keurig. It's possible to defeat it, but why not avoid it in the first place?

Old 01-11-2015, 12:55 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
I bought my replacement k75 from ebay brand new in box last year as I didn't want to deal with the issues of the 2.0. No problem at all with it.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:10 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times
No way I'd buy a 2.0, defeatable or not. DRM on my coffee pot ain't gonna happen. Once my current Keurig dies I'll be going with another brand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics