Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2015, 11:31 PM

3 posts, read 3,924 times

Advertisements

I have a problem with my Sony KDP-57WS550 rear projection TV. Specifically my problem is I'm getting a " 10 blink" on the power LED. I've reached out to a few sources for repair but in general to send it in and complete board repair is in the hundreds. As I acquired this tv for free because old tenants left it when I moved in, I really enjoyed it while it worked and I'd like to get this thing to work.

I went back and forth with a company called moduslink parts describing the issue above and I was offered to have the part repaired by mail-in. I was told the issue was with the "G Board". After exchanging emails with some photos of the inside of the TV so I could identify which part to get out to send in I found the part.

Part says "G2" on the brownish board part number A1410682A. I've looked EVERYWHERE to find a new board no luck. It seems as though it may be possible to fix the issue as some ICs, or capacitor replacements on the particular board may fix the issue. I read in a different post about other models and saw quite a few knowledgeable replies about what needs replacing ic/cap wise (although for a different model).

I'm quite handy with a soldering iron and know for sure it wouldn't be a problem. I just need some help on which cap/ICs could be the culprit for a 10-blink issue. I would GREATLY APPRECIATE IT if someone around here is knowledgeable enough to know the answer (hoping for a Sony TV repair GOD lol)

Thank You,
Dennis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 01:15 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,180,387 times
http://www.diyforums.net/my-sony-kdp...es-832497.html

kdp-65ws550 is the same TV with a bigger screen.

Old 02-06-2015, 02:11 PM

Oh SNAP !

THANK YOU!

Now, I don't know where the $40 figure comes in lol. I somehow got a copy of that manual and using the Sony part numbers for those ICs and whatnot the ONLY place that seems to have all four is Sears Parts direct. Which the order total came to around $75, plus sales tax and TEN DOLLAR SHIPPING (for like 2 grams of weight) it was almost $95 at that point.

Any place recommended to get those types of things cheaper? Might RadioShack have these ?

Old 02-06-2015, 02:12 PM

I'm not saying it because I'm THAT cheap, but I'm factoring in how I will have to go buy a soldering iron as well.

Old 02-08-2015, 12:44 PM

37,313 posts, read 60,004,277 times
don't know about Radio Shack but it is closing lot of stores and if you like to do your own electrical work might be time to buy some supplies at good price

Old 02-08-2015, 07:04 PM

17,720 posts, read 29,915,186 times
!0 year old TV
give it up
http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics...dp/B00KVLT08G/
$600 USD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics