Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2015, 08:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,652 times

Advertisements

Need help connecting electronics. I have the below listed equipment and have attempted to connect it together with no luck. Confused and frustrated. Need help!

Westinghouse HDTV
Direct TV Cable Box
Bose Wave cd/Radio with multi disc changer accessory
Bose lifestyle model 5 music system
Has 5 cube speakers (Right, Left, Center and surround right and surround left)
NOTE: The aucoustimass sub will no longer power on so I have a substitution
Divinci DV 6030 5.1 CH Surround Sound Receiver (don't have the remote but I do have a universal)

A universal Harmony 350 remote that will control 8 devices.

I have HDMI cable, Speaker Wire, power cords, and red and white RCA cables, and numberious other cables I don't know what they go to.

Please help. I have attempted directions listed in Bose owners guide, and serval other combinations and I just can't get the system to work. I get partial sound no volume control ect.

Would appreciate any help at this point. Thank you
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 02:25 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,680,547 times
I Googled your receiver and I came up with "White Van speaker scam" or something like that. There's a well known scam that's been going on for years where guys in a van approach people in parking lots. They're trying to sell supposedly expensive speakers or other electronic equipment for bargain prices. They male it seem like you would be buying stolen merchandise or merchandise that had fallen off the back of a truck, so to speak. People get greedy and buy the stuff, only to find out later that the equipment is actually low quality junk.

Maybe there's a reason you can't get your receiver to work. Keep the TV and the cable box, start from scratch with everything else.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:31 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,070,521 times
Connect co-ax from wall to Directv receiver. Connect HDMI from receiver to HDMI1 on TV. Turn on receiver and TV [set TV input to HDMI1] Do you get video and audio?
Does the Bose act as a amplifier? I'll assume your TV and the Bose does not have HDMI2 [arc] So connect composite [red/wht RCA] from TV audio out to Bose audio in. Turn on Bose, getting audio? Does Bose have external audio out? connect cube speakers if possible. If Bose does not have speaker wire screws, you may not be able to use the speakers. Is the Bose actually designed to amplify audio from the TV?
Much easier to explain if you were using a AV/receiver.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:57 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John7777 View Post

Maybe there's a reason you can't get your receiver to work. Keep the TV and the cable box, start from scratch with everything else.
I concur.
Throw out the Divinci white-van crap, Ebay your Bose cubes since they're useless w/o a working Bose acoustimass, and get a prepackaged 5.1 setup from Onkyo/Denon/Yamaha for about $300 and be done with.

Old 12-09-2015, 01:57 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Does your Bose wave radio come with an hdmi input? Does your Directv box have an Hdmi out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics