Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 02:11 PM

9,909 posts, read 7,687,365 times

Advertisements

I am not too tech save. My fiancé has prime we use it more then Netflix lately. I wanted to switch Prime yearly payment to my billing is that possible? Also any way to have my fiancé use her account and I use my own account, but still able to use Prime?

Appreciate the feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 02:16 PM

16,541 posts, read 19,668,514 times
I don't think so. Just check when her Prime ends and then sign up when hers expires.

You can sign up for Prime and share your shipping benefits with her account. You cannot share streaming.

Old 01-25-2016, 06:10 PM

9,909 posts, read 7,687,365 times
Figured it out pretty easy. Google helped...However, if you create a Household account I believe it is. You can login under your account, but have to be login to the primary account holder's account first.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:35 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,153,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I am not too tech save. My fiancé has prime we use it more then Netflix lately. I wanted to switch Prime yearly payment to my billing is that possible? Also any way to have my fiancé use her account and I use my own account, but still able to use Prime?

Appreciate the feedback.
I don't see why not. But your fiance should have a chat with Amazon on how to setup a household Prime account where both of you share everything.

I tried to do that recently, but once I realized that I had to enter a credit card number, I changed my mind. Amazon does not let you have a Prime account unless you provide a credit card number, which makes no sense to me since I have plenty of credit from Amazon gift cards on my account to pay for Prime.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:43 PM

881 posts, read 1,814,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I don't think so. Just check when her Prime ends and then sign up when hers expires.

You can sign up for Prime and share your shipping benefits with her account. You cannot share streaming.
Amazon changed the Prime sharing last August. It used to be you can not share video streaming, but can share the Prime free shipping with up to 4 other people.

Now Prime accounts are "Household account". You can invite one other adult to be in your "household", and they will get access to the Amazon Prime video streaming (using their own login). If you are already a Prime user (i.e. renewal is not up yet), you can manually switch over to be a household account, else it won't do it until you are up for your annual renewal.

OP, if you want to be the one to pay for the annual fee, just wait until her current Prime membership expires. Then sign up for Prime on your account, then invite her to your household to share streaming.

Amazon.com Help: Create a Household

Old 01-28-2016, 05:50 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,982,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomatic View Post
Amazon changed the Prime sharing last August. It used to be you can not share video streaming, but can share the Prime free shipping with up to 4 other people.

Now Prime accounts are "Household account". You can invite one other adult to be in your "household", and they will get access to the Amazon Prime video streaming (using their own login). If you are already a Prime user (i.e. renewal is not up yet), you can manually switch over to be a household account, else it won't do it until you are up for your annual renewal.
This is correct. One downside is that anyone added to your household account also has access to your payment methods, so they can purchase stuff with your on file payment methods.

Old 02-01-2016, 09:41 AM

5,921 posts, read 13,847,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
This is correct. One downside is that anyone added to your household account also has access to your payment methods, so they can purchase stuff with your on file payment methods.
It is really sad, when you can not trust somebody in your household today, but I assume it does happen, else NHDave would not have mentioned it.

I assume *in your household* really means *in YOUR household* ...

Old 02-01-2016, 10:23 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,982,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irman View Post
It is really sad, when you can not trust somebody in your household today, but I assume it does happen, else NHDave would not have mentioned it.

I assume *in your household* really means *in YOUR household* ...
Kids using your Prime household account to stream video comes to mind. Would you want them having full access to your payment methods?

Old 02-01-2016, 01:02 PM

16,541 posts, read 19,668,514 times
It really depends on the kid.

Old 02-01-2016, 01:06 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,523,752 times
College sons use ours to stream as well as Netflix, nfl ticket app, etc.....if your sharing person can not be trusted with your credit card information, why are you sharing anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics