Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2016, 06:40 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,495,853 times

Advertisements

Our first monitor was a hand-me-down Summer unit that was older with a grainy picture and short battery life. My wife dropped it just right and it shattered the screen rending the touchscreen unusable. We opted to go wi-fi and got a Motorola MBP85 based on reviews and appearance and were never really satisfied. The app it runs on Hubble is quick prone to glitching, and then you have to be in wi-fi to view as well as not being able to use your phone when the monitor is on video mode. Finally it broke, the flimsy connection by mini-usb was never tight and it snapped from normal wear and tear.

Now I am on a mission and at first was trying to find a monitor that was both wi-fi and stand alone. One big reason being that we are not always going to be in wi-fi when we travel and it would be nice to free up our phones to watch our kids. That seemed impossible as I could not find a decent monitor that did both, or any monitor that did both for that matter. I read up and found the Infant Optics DXR-8 which seems to be raved about around Amazon and the internet. I'm about the pull the trigger on this item but want to be sure it's truly worth it. Any opinions or thoughts from owners or experiences?

Infant Optics DXR-8 Baby Monitor – Infant Optics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 08:04 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,689,232 times
So you're now going on your 3rd one
Jeez, man, how much longer do you plan to need this? lol
I'm a pretty techy guy that loves to have the best tech...and I just had a simple Summer one. Do you really need High resolution screen? Do you need "interchangeable lenses"?
I am going to guess the odds of someone here having that exact model are going to be pretty slim. Everyone is raving about it, as you said. Go for it!

Old 12-30-2016, 04:18 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,495,853 times
Yeah the issue is we have teo young ones not spaced very far apart and the goal is to use one as a play room monitor at some point. technically it's our second as the first was a hand out but the second never really impressed and I honestly wish I could find one that could do both wifi and stand alone.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:53 PM

16,548 posts, read 19,689,232 times
I didn't want to have to use my phone so I didn't need or want WiFi. One thing I wish I HAD gotten was the kind that do 2 way communication. Wife is in baby's room, and she can talk to me but I can't reply. They do sell those and it would be much handier then WiFi, imo.

Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N1RE98L?th=1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics