U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2018, 06:29 PM

687 posts, read 1,127,795 times

Advertisements

Aqua Lift self cleaning oven doesn't clean on any level. Aqua Lift self cleaning doesn't even come close to cleaning.

My question: does anyone know if an oven cleaner, like Easy Off, could be used.

If EasyOff can't be used, what does anyone recommend to clean the oven. Supposedly can't use steel brillo or harsh cleaners, but we have to be able to use something.

Huge disappointment!!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 07:48 AM

13,615 posts, read 6,733,978 times
I assume there is no cleaning cycle using just heat? From what I have heard about AquaLift it does a decent job on the oven floor but not splatter messes on the walls. Maybe try a non-metallic scrub pad?

Old 06-14-2018, 05:20 PM

3,577 posts, read 3,178,544 times
If you use an oven cleaner like Easy Off, I think you will ruin the interior finish of the oven. I have read that the oven may be unusable afterward. Using any type of abrasive pad will also damage the interior surface.

Consumer Reports had issues.
https://www.consumerreports.org/cook...cleaning-oven/

There is a pending class action against Whirlpool (owner of Maytag).
https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-...as-advertised/

Other sites recommend using the cleaning feature at least once every week.

Old 06-15-2018, 12:51 AM

17,470 posts, read 31,191,171 times
It does a good job on the floor pan, but not the sides and glass in front. You have to pour around a cup of water (check your manual) on the floor pan, then run the cleaning cycle. All it does is to create some steam or hot moisture from the water, and slightly soften some of the grease and other spots. The sooner the cycle ends, I just scrub the side walls with a wet 3-M until most of the spots are removed, then scrub the glass with the pad and a small solution of ceramic glass cleaner.

But several of you are right about not doing a very good job unless you do the scrubbing.

Old 06-15-2018, 01:57 PM
Status: "Looking forward to President Harris" (set 18 days ago)

15,605 posts, read 23,468,781 times
Do not use Easy-Off. It is lye. Highly corrosive.
Try scrubbing (3M blue, not green) with mixture of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda.

Old 11-10-2019, 10:01 AM

1 posts, read 1,249 times
Default Sad, Sad, Sad

I am sad to say - that at this time the stove is a metal piece of junk for my family. The glass top still works, though. The bottom stove element quit a number of months ago and upon trying to get it out to replace, it is RUSTED in. So not only does the water idea to clean the stove, of course, not work, the process also causes the heating element to rust.... The $50 compensation or whatever small lawsuit payout was not worth the time to fill out the mass of paperwork and proof needed that shows we bought the stove.... But I am searching for any suits again this stove for being now mechanically useless from water rusting the parts. Christina

IF there is one out there, please share. Thank you,
waller.c@hotmail.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics