Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2019, 09:10 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,242,310 times

Advertisements

My husband had a bellsouth.net and att.net e-mail address for years. It's a business e-mail.

He started having problems in July 2019 with this e-mail. He cannot sign in; then has to go through the whole process with them; has to wait 48 hours which is absurd.

Someone mentioned to him it may be because of Outlook.

He needs Outlook because of his software.

I don't use Outlook so not the same issues. He now has a g-mail account e-mail but even so, has to retrieve old messages and a lot comes through each day.

Thought I would try to see if anyone has experienced the same? Did you find a solution?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2019, 07:42 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,694,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post

Thought I would try to see if anyone has experienced the same?
I've read this three times and have no idea what you are asking?!?

Old 12-05-2019, 08:18 AM

6,590 posts, read 11,286,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
My husband had a bellsouth.net and att.net e-mail address for years. It's a business e-mail.

He started having problems in July 2019 with this e-mail. He cannot sign in; then has to go through the whole process with them; has to wait 48 hours which is absurd.

Someone mentioned to him it may be because of Outlook.

He needs Outlook because of his software.

I don't use Outlook so not the same issues. He now has a g-mail account e-mail but even so, has to retrieve old messages and a lot comes through each day.

Thought I would try to see if anyone has experienced the same? Did you find a solution?
He paid for a business class email service, or he's simply using these emails for business purposes?
If the former, he needs to check the contract/service-level agreement to see what he actually bought. If the latter.... well, consumer email services are just that. And can often have a lot more relaxed service levels.

He cannot sign in as in it's not accepting the password? Is there no automated reset function (temp password going to a pre-set, alternate email or by providing specific information)?

Not sure what "it may be because of Outlook" means. Outlook is an email client. I doubt the application itself is causing this issue (it may be using an old password, but that's not an issue with Outlook).

I think you need to be a bit more specific. Hard to provide assistance/help when the issue is not understood.

Old 12-05-2019, 09:14 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
If it's business I'd obtain personal domain, yourname.com or whatever. You don't need to purchase or create website to utilize email services for it. Here is an example plan, it's not a recommendation. Pricing doesn't include domain registration so you can add about $10 to the annual cost.

https://www.namecheap.com/hosting/email/

Forward the att/bellsouth emails to either your new domain or the gmail account whichever you want to use. Look for any options about auto responder so emails sent to those accounts get auto reply with "Received your email but our new email address is (gmail account or domain)". If att/bellsouth control panel doesn't have this Outlook should.

Forward either the gmail account to the new domain or vice versa.

Last but not least you access Gmail or you@you.com with outlook and since you are forwarding everything to that account all your email is there.

When he gives out email address use the you@you.com because this can never be lost as long as you keep paying the domain registration.... You are at the mercy of any company when it's you@somecompany.com If you stop doing business with them or they simply decide to stop service it's bye, bye email account.

Old 12-09-2019, 02:50 AM

43,282 posts, read 77,104,102 times
$150/year for Office365, the full Microsoft Office suite, including 50 gigabytes of Outlook email, and ability to install the full Office suite on 5 computers or devices:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/micr...ProductsRegion

$12/year for his business domain:
https://domains.google/

I have ATT uVerse and Office365 is extremely reliable on my home and office desktop and my laptops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics