U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 09:18 AM

13,077 posts, read 15,184,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
And heaven help me if I store any files in my Google drive also that I don't want whatever app developer to have full access to as they please, because I'm pretty sure that's what I have to agree to in the "permissions." *sigh* OK so storing my music library on Google cloud maybe isn't the best way.
*sigh* No, that's not what that means.

You are a perfect candidate for Google Play Music. Upload all your music and get a Spotify-like music service all in one.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2020, 06:23 PM

30,662 posts, read 37,005,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
I guess you kind of missed the point. With my setup I don't store any music on the phone itself. I stream (play) it over the internet or wifi if I am at home, from my home computer where I have my entire collection. It is way more than I could ever store on a phone, currently over 600 gb. No need to hassle with transferring music. There are many other streaming options, spotify, pandora, amazon, internet radio etc etc. You can't do that with a Sansa. I also listen to music like this in the car or anywhere else I happen to be.
I guess you missed my point. I don't care about streaming services. My mp3 player is for the GYM or RUNNING. I want to listen to specific tracks when doing my workouts. My Sansa is specifically for that purpose.

Old 05-12-2020, 08:55 AM

4,963 posts, read 3,459,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I guess you missed my point. I don't care about streaming services. My mp3 player is for the GYM or RUNNING. I want to listen to specific tracks when doing my workouts. My Sansa is specifically for that purpose.
I DO listen to specific tracks. Exactly the tracks I want, in the order I want (playlists) from MY music. I was simply giving other streaming examples. I have over 90,000 songs in my collection, ALL of them accessible at any time. No need to worry about anything. I can browse by folder, genre, album, artist etc. or just playlists that I create. You don't seem to get it but that is OK. Whatever. Sansa is old news, I was using one almost 15 years ago. Sansa vs Ipod? Sansa anytime. I just don't need multiple devices. One device for everything is my preference.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:26 AM

2,528 posts, read 808,529 times
Quote:
I totally understand and agree. I use my iPod nano and plan to until it dies, then I'll prob get a Sansa.

FOR EXERCISING, like you. Not at home or in the car. I don't need or expect my entire media library with me when I work out. It's fine for me.

No way I'm running or working out with a big ass phone strapped to me or bouncing around loose in a pocket.

Old 05-13-2020, 02:43 PM

15,168 posts, read 9,476,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
*sigh* No, that's not what that means.

You are a perfect candidate for Google Play Music. Upload all your music and get a Spotify-like music service all in one.
DUDE. I didn't realize it would let me do that! For some reason I thought I couldn't. That's wild. I actually already have a subscription, mostly because my family members use the heck out of Youtube Premium and they're bundled.

Huh.

Thanks for that!

LOL regarding physical mp3 players...oh yeah?...oh YEAH?...well ya'll know what I've got?

I've got a ZUNE.

Yup. One of the oldest models of it, and one of the better ones they were selling at the time. I think it's like almost 20 years old now. And it still works. And although I don't use it, because I typically use my phone or something else to play music, I've been very glad I had it over the years, because at least a couple of times before cloud storage became popular, my computer crapped out or something and I thought I'd lost my music...but the core of my library, was safe and sound and sitting on my Zune, including impossible to replace tracks by obscure or local artists I've known over the years.

Anyways. I like my Zune. It may be obsolete, but it's sexy. I like the smoky translucent casing and the solid feel of a hardy block of hard drive in my hand. The thing is a beast.

Old 05-13-2020, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
I DO listen to specific tracks. Exactly the tracks I want, in the order I want (playlists) from MY music. I was simply giving other streaming examples. I have over 90,000 songs in my collection, ALL of them accessible at any time. No need to worry about anything. I can browse by folder, genre, album, artist etc. or just playlists that I create. You don't seem to get it but that is OK. Whatever. Sansa is old news, I was using one almost 15 years ago. Sansa vs Ipod? Sansa anytime. I just don't need multiple devices. One device for everything is my preference.

You could also say that Apple is "old news". Sansa has been making mp3 players for years, and they improve them with each new model. They are extremely popular for people that don't like carrying their phone with them. THAT is why we like them. Clearly, you want one device and that is fine, but lots of people DON'T WANT TO CARRY THEIR PHONE. That is the whole point.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk...?skuId=5508201

Old 05-13-2020, 10:07 PM

7,302 posts, read 3,468,220 times
As others have said...people still use mp3 players?????

Old 05-14-2020, 08:24 AM

4,963 posts, read 3,459,407 times
Quote:
You could also say that Apple is "old news". Sansa has been making mp3 players for years, and they improve them with each new model. They are extremely popular for people that don't like carrying their phone with them. THAT is why we like them. Clearly, you want one device and that is fine, but lots of people DON'T WANT TO CARRY THEIR PHONE. That is the whole point.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk...?skuId=5508201
Lots of people? Maybe in your little world? I don't agree. MOST PEOPLE LIVE ON/FOR THEIR PHONE, it's their whole life, literally. They don't take their eyes off the stupid thing. It's the first thing they look at when they wake up and the last thing they look at when they go to sleep. All you have to do is look around, anywhere and everywhere. Jeez.

I know they have been making them for years, I USED THEM over a decade ago. I probably have a few in a junk drawer. I would not call them extremely popular either, LOL.

Old 05-14-2020, 08:36 AM

13,077 posts, read 15,184,641 times
Yea, they aren't popular at all. Better stock up on a few because they won't be around much longer.

Old 05-14-2020, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
As others have said...people still use mp3 players?????
Did you read the thread???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics