U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2020, 12:23 AM

312 posts, read 791,139 times

Advertisements

https://www.amazon.ca/ask/questions/...k_ql_ql_al_hza
TV 1-hooked to cable box hdmi-want to transmit to 2nd TV2 (in other room cable tv,news) 45 feet away... no cable feed...is this set up capable of doing such a feet?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2020, 09:11 AM

4,866 posts, read 3,378,742 times
I'm assuming you want to watch cable in two rooms but don't want to do another cable run and box?

That device will work, the reviews are mixed. I would do some reading before buying.

I used to do this in the days before HDMI with just coaxial by splitting it and running another cable to the second TV. The problem was then changing the channel from the other room. I got a device to do that but I won't get into it. I see that the iogear device you ask about has that capability. For the price of that device you could pay a monthly on another box for a good while.

You could do the same with an HDMI switch but would have to run an HDMI cable to the other TV. The problem with HDMI wireless transmitters is the cost and that they are prone to interference and there will be lag.

Here's is a bit more.

https://www.howtogeek.com/405463/wha...nition%20video.
WHDI™- Wireless High Definitio

Old 07-24-2020, 09:36 AM

9,684 posts, read 4,696,430 times
"Wireless cable"??????

All righty then.

Old 07-24-2020, 10:36 AM

19,641 posts, read 59,383,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 401402 View Post
https://www.amazon.ca/ask/questions/...k_ql_ql_al_hza
TV 1-hooked to cable box hdmi-want to transmit to 2nd TV2 (in other room cable tv,news) 45 feet away... no cable feed...is this set up capable of doing such a feet?
Short answer - No. Don't waste your money and time.

Any of the systems like this suffer from extreme low power output and interference from other electronics. The fault lies with the FCC only allowing incredibly small parts of the RF spectrum for use with home devices of all types. That might have been fine for the 1960s, but is a roadblock today.

I have something similar to this that got consigned to a junk box. It worked (sort of) at about 15 feet. Running cable is a PITA, but the only way for reliable results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics