Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2020, 02:12 PM

28,840 posts, read 30,095,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Here’s a link to see the product on Skonyon’s site. It’s not surprisingly in Chinese:

SKONYON LLC

Doesn’t show any more details.

Here’s a US phone number for the company. I’m assuming that’s the same number you received from Walmart.

+1 4843839855

Your next step will be to contact Walmart Corporate, not your local store.
ok, I phoned that number several times.....it answers and says, "this customer is not available".

I will try and call Walmart Corporate tomorrow....didn't call my local store, I did a text online with a Customer service rep....when I try and call Walmart Corporate, it sends me to other features, nothing seems to work....

I appreciate all your help....but have exhausted almost every avenue I can think of, really makes me angry, will never order anything from Walmart again.

Thanks very much....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2020, 05:16 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,108,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
ok, I phoned that number several times.....it answers and says, "this customer is not available".

I will try and call Walmart Corporate tomorrow....didn't call my local store, I did a text online with a Customer service rep....when I try and call Walmart Corporate, it sends me to other features, nothing seems to work....

I appreciate all your help....but have exhausted almost every avenue I can think of, really makes me angry, will never order anything from Walmart again.

Thanks very much....
I suspect this is a model pretty much made for Walmart. Ridiculous that they don’t sell replacement filters. Good luck!

Old 09-23-2020, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
I suspect this is a model pretty much made for Walmart. Ridiculous that they don’t sell replacement filters. Good luck!
I think the company went out of business and unloaded these to sell for them....

It's a great little machine...really helps my allergies....I believe they do sell them, but, apparently they are not online now...b/c one of the reviews said, they cost 119.00. So? Your guess is as good as mine....

I learned that Walmart Questions are not as good as Amazon's. Also, you cannot leave a question for the reviewers....if I could might have been a lot easier.

Oh well....never in my life have I ever heard of an electronic item not having a model number on it? Geeze, Louise....lol

Hey, thanks much again, greatly appreciate your help, your too kind.

Old 09-24-2020, 06:06 AM

Another option - try contacting this company and see how much a custom made filter will cost. They don’t do HEPA but might have a suggestion for someone who does. Then combine with some carbon as a prefilter.

https://www.airfiltersdelivered.com/

Or, yell at Walmart until they take it back and get something standard.

Old 09-24-2020, 11:12 AM

23,534 posts, read 69,968,609 times
FWIW, I have had a few HEPA portables. I always use a foam pre-filter, which extends the life, but when the main filter is visibly dirty I vacuum it and then use a compressor to blow air through the back and dislodge much of the remaining blockage. That works about four times before I have to get a replacement filter. My problem with the units is more often the fan bearings, which struggle under the load of that type of filter.

The carbon filter in a HEPA filter is pure marketing. They contain about enough carbon to squelch a large fart before being used up.

Old 09-24-2020, 03:59 PM

Well, guess what.....the company that manufactured the purifier finally wrote me....
Skonyon said the following:

Quote:
We do not yet provide replacement filter yet.
The replacement filter will be available for sale next month.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any further problem.
I wrote them back and asked them for a model number of the filter, and brand....so we'll see if they answer.
Kinda crappy to sell an air purifier without making the filters available...? Which a lot of companies seem to be doing?

Go the past week since the thing came, I've been doing a whole lot of research and here's the deal....not all of them, but several air purifier manufacturers, make the air purifiers, but do not have the replacement filters in stock when you go to buy them....(I found this out by reading a lot of reviews) So, beware, if you purchase an air purifier, make certain that replacement filters are available...

I highly recommend them, they really have helped my allergies....

another thing, you can make one with a fan and filter....which I may try in the near future....google DIY how to make an air purifier from a 20 inch fan and filter.....lol

Old 09-25-2020, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Well, guess what.....the company that manufactured the purifier finally wrote me....
Skonyon said the following:

I wrote them back and asked them for a model number of the filter, and brand....so we'll see if they answer.
Kinda crappy to sell an air purifier without making the filters available...? Which a lot of companies seem to be doing?

Go the past week since the thing came, I've been doing a whole lot of research and here's the deal....not all of them, but several air purifier manufacturers, make the air purifiers, but do not have the replacement filters in stock when you go to buy them....(I found this out by reading a lot of reviews) So, beware, if you purchase an air purifier, make certain that replacement filters are available...

I highly recommend them, they really have helped my allergies....

another thing, you can make one with a fan and filter....which I may try in the near future....google DIY how to make an air purifier from a 20 inch fan and filter.....lol
If it was me, and if you had a Costco membership, I’d get a Winix from them. Plenty of choices for replacements including aftermarket ones.

I agree that the Skonyon situation is ridiculous. Shame on Walmart for selling it before thinking this through.

Old 09-25-2020, 06:18 AM

61,197 posts, read 86,043,522 times
Quote:
I bought a Skonyon Air Purifier and there were no instructions in the manual as to the filter make and model number

I know it is a True HEPA Filter 11" x 10 1/4" by 3 inches thick all the way around

It is glued together with a charcoal filter on one side and a sort of white paper accordine shaped thing on the other side...

The outside filter which is part of the 3 in 1 filter is as this picture

1st picture is the honeycomb charcoal side
2nd is the outside filter that you just wash off
3rd filter is the other side of the glued side of the charcoal side
4th is the width and as you can see it is glued together and surrounded with this material...

this is so crazy, there is nothing about a part number or item number in the manual ???? It's a thin paper manual and only shows how to insert the filter?

I don't know where to go to find this filter?
On Skonyon website they say 4 in 1 filter and 3 in 1 filter - so which do you have?
Can you tell us the purifier model: GoGreen or Costway?

Old 09-25-2020, 08:16 AM

61,197 posts, read 86,043,522 times
If you bought this unit:
3-in-1 HEPA Filter Particle Allergie Eliminator Air purifier
http://www.skonyon.com/index.php?m=g...&content_id=37
then search no longer - there aren't any filters available on the market per Amazon reviews:
https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions...dp_dpmw_ql_hza

I would return it to Walmart and buy something else.

Maybe this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07Q3..._t2_B0871W8P3G
It has great reviews and available true HEPA filters:
https://www.amazon.com/Flintar-RP-AP...1XP90XSMDHE3B1

Last edited by elnina; 09-25-2020 at 08:24 AM..

Old 09-25-2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
On Skonyon website they say 4 in 1 filter and 3 in 1 filter - so which do you have?
Can you tell us the purifier model: GoGreen or Costway?
No, it is not a GoGreen or Costway....it just has Skonyon on it....there is no model number on the unit...my son and I both have looked all around the thing, there is no model number, nor is there one on the now existing filter in it.

The Go Green is different, it is more rounded then the one I have.

I've given up and ordered another with a filter for reserve, and if I find a filter for this one, I will get it....if not, then I have the other air purifier when it arrives...they do such a great job that I can't see my life without one now.

The trouble is, in researching them, you can't always get filter replacements for....?

No, I didn't get either one of those that you left the a link for....Amazon, doesn't sell the unit I bought....and no one has yet answered my question about what kind of filters they use....one woman wrote that she loved the unit, and it works great but the filter for it is 119.00. Mine is a 3 in 1.

Mine resembles the Colzer that I just ordered.

I now ordered a Colzer which is a True Hepa Air Filter also, and the extra filter with it....should be here by Tuesday.

So if anyone out there intends to order an air filter, check and make certain you can get replacement filters for them and they are readily available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics