Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2020, 03:03 PM

41 posts, read 24,452 times

Advertisements

They bought the rights to the Peanuts cartoons. So, now to see the holiday classics you need Apple TV.No more seeing them on OTA TV like most of us have done our whole lives. What's next ? Gone With The Wind and The Wizard Of Oz ? If they think this will make me buy Apple TV they are badly mistaken!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2020, 03:10 PM

61,736 posts, read 87,172,581 times
I guess, Apple stuff is reserved to grown ups who won't consider the inability to watch Peanuts cartoons a deal breaker.

Old 10-25-2020, 03:16 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,815,138 times
I don't understand the issue. Apple TV will be able to bring this programming to more households. Less than 20% of American homes have access to OTA television.

Old 10-25-2020, 04:34 PM

8,069 posts, read 12,787,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
I don't understand the issue. Apple TV will be able to bring this programming to more households. Less than 20% of American homes have access to OTA television.
Millions have access to cable and satellite TV with local stations. Now they would have to pay Apple TV streaming if they wanted to watch this content on TOP OF what they are already paying.

I recently wanted to watch the Tom Hanks movie "Greyhound" which was sold to "Apple TV". No other options so I had to sign up for a free trial. I watched the movie BUT from what I saw of the available content it wasn't worth subscribing. Lot's of "original content" B.S.

You don't "understand"? It costs more for the consumer.

Old 10-25-2020, 05:42 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,256,608 times
Good thing I have Apple TV+, which Apple horribly extended for another 3 months, giving me 15 months without having to pay a dime. Darn you, Apple!

Otherwise it’s $5 a month. I cut my cable bill down and even with Hulu, Amazon Prime, Netflix and Apple TV+ it’s cheaper than what I paid before.

Old 10-25-2020, 07:02 PM

16,551 posts, read 19,708,993 times
If you truly loved Peanuts that much you would be happy about this. Apple bought it, yes, but Apple will be making NEW Peanuts episodes. So a true Peanuts fan would be happy that Charles characters get to have new adventures.

Old 10-25-2020, 09:01 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,194,364 times
LOL this thread is so funny! It sound as if Apple took a piece of candy from the kid's mouth

Companies aren't doing things like that to lose the shareholder's money. It is a business to make money. I agree with Peregrine above.

Old 10-25-2020, 09:22 PM

2,151 posts, read 1,356,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Millions have access to cable and satellite TV with local stations. Now they would have to pay Apple TV streaming if they wanted to watch this content on TOP OF what they are already paying.

I recently wanted to watch the Tom Hanks movie "Greyhound" which was sold to "Apple TV". No other options so I had to sign up for a free trial. I watched the movie BUT from what I saw of the available content it wasn't worth subscribing. Lot's of "original content" B.S.

You don't "understand"? It costs more for the consumer.
Apple TV is actually much cheaper than cable. Choose the service that's best for you.

Millions of people are dropping cable for online services.

Old 10-26-2020, 05:47 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,251,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3toneEYZ View Post
They bought the rights to the Peanuts cartoons. So, now to see the holiday classics you need Apple TV.No more seeing them on OTA TV like most of us have done our whole lives. What's next ? Gone With The Wind and The Wizard Of Oz ? If they think this will make me buy Apple TV they are badly mistaken!
You make it sound like we all "hate" Apple. I have no Apple products, but I don't hate Apple. I did have a POS Macintosh years ago and moved into the PC world and have no plans to move, and I have had Android for as long as they have been available so no plans to move to Apple. But why would I hate them cause they purchased Cartoons I grew out of 60 years ago.

Old 10-26-2020, 07:59 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,225,683 times
If you still enjoy the Peanuts specials that much, the DVDs are readily available, Amazon, for example sells them. You can buy them and watch any time you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics