Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is overall better?
iPod 23 58.97%
Zune 7 17.95%
other (explain) 9 23.08%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 11:15 PM

371 posts, read 1,106,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgusano View Post
And Michael Jackson sells millions of records.

Doesn't automatically make it better.
The selling of music differs from the what im talking about. Music can be sold over the years. A new device comes out all the time. and for that, it means more people prefer an ipod. There are not alot of ignorant people who just want to buy it just to have it they want it because its better. I played with alot of different mp3 players and i still think the ipod is better.

PS that comment about michael jackson has nothing to with anything because there are more songs available than the population of this planet and comparing to the fact that there is not that many mp3 players it makes such a difference. And you are saying that hundreds of millions of people around the world decided to buy an so called "expensive" device that is bad quality. I dont think so
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 11:33 PM

763 posts, read 2,260,421 times
It's called "marketing"; that was my point with the music. They create hype, and it sells.

If you watch F1 racing, you will find that it costs the teams something like $5million per weekend to race. Why do they do it? Because if they win, it generates many times that in revenue.

iPod is the biggest seller, but almost everyone that I know (including online) complains about something, usually the software. Yet, everyone who owns a Sansa player loves it because you can simply drag and drop your mp3 onto a Micro SD card, stick it in the player, and you're ready to go! (Not to mention the recording capability. It also has FM, but I think my iPod has that as well.)

I have both, and my iPod just sits there 90% of the time. When I travel, I will carry both because I'm often recording with the Sansa, but I will have the iPod to listen to. And, if I remember correctly, the Sansa was much cheaper.

Marketing sells items equally as well as quality, in many cases, although quality is important.

iTunes sucks.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:38 AM

Quote:

iPod is the biggest seller, but almost everyone that I know (including online) complains about something, usually the software. Yet, everyone who owns a Sansa player loves it because you can simply drag and drop your mp3 onto a Micro SD card, stick it in the player, and you're ready to go! (Not to mention the recording capability. It also has FM, but I think my iPod has that as well.)
That seems like you dont know what simple is if you have to drag the songs into a sd card and put it into the device, when with an ipod your music is in itunes and you just plug your ipod and you are ready to go. iPods have recording capability but as an extra feature the you have to buy the micro phone. I dont complain and people. I know dont complain why because it works fine. I never had a problem except that one mayhem when the itunes server crashed, but that was once. There is no program that is perfect. All the other devices that have media software does not have as much media as iTunes. I love itunes, i can simply look for anything i want listen to a preview and then just buy it hassle free. BTW which sansa player do you have.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:49 AM

763 posts, read 2,260,421 times
Perhaps if you're looking to buy through iTunes, it's OK. But, if you have all your music on mp3 and want to pick and choose what goes onto it, move it around through different locations, it's a pain, then you have to wait for it to convert the tracks, and changing the track info is a pain.

Don't get me wrong: I own one. But, it went on the shelf after I got my Sansa, and it became my backup. If I want to change my music, or carry around an alternative set of music, it pops right in and out with the Micro SD, and no need to scroll through 4,000 songs; just the ones I want.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Perhaps if you're looking to buy through iTunes, it's OK. But, if you have all your music on mp3 and want to pick and choose what goes onto it, move it around through different locations, it's a pain, then you have to wait for it to convert the tracks, and changing the track info is a pain.

Don't get me wrong: I own one. But, it went on the shelf after I got my Sansa, and it became my backup. If I want to change my music, or carry around an alternative set of music, it pops right in and out with the Micro SD, and no need to scroll through 4,000 songs; just the ones I want.
Wait, what is the point of that if you have playlist, genre, artist, and album menus. Instead of carrying different sd cards or whatever you can just have all your songs on the device and it can be separated by the menus i stated before. I dont understand how its hard to pick and choose things for the ipod i do it all the time. When i put a cd in a i choose the songs i want and uncheck all the ones i dont want. Or if you want all your songs on itunes but not all of them on the ipod just click manual and you can click and drag each album into the iPod. BTW you never told me which sansa player you had.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:56 PM

750 posts, read 2,276,263 times
Quote:

I have to agree I have an Ipod also and I never use it. I find it frustrating to have to convert the songs and maybe I'm illiterate to the software but I had issues getting the music set up. It didn't come with instructions so I had to download them to figure out how to work the software. Some friends of mine just got the ZUne and it seems very easy compared to the ipod software but the device itself is bigger. I am not sure which model they got so I might not be comparing apples to apples in terms of size but I am not impressed with my Nano, mainly because of the software.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPaul View Post
I have to agree I have an Ipod also and I never use it. I find it frustrating to have to convert the songs and maybe I'm illiterate to the software but I had issues getting the music set up. It didn't come with instructions so I had to download them to figure out how to work the software. Some friends of mine just got the ZUne and it seems very easy compared to the ipod software but the device itself is bigger. I am not sure which model they got so I might not be comparing apples to apples in terms of size but I am not impressed with my Nano, mainly because of the software.
I dont know why most people dont know how to use a computer. I never have trouble using anything. When my parents have trouble using something they come to me. When my friends dont know what they are talking about regarding a device i prove them wrong. I known how to use a computer since i was in kindergarten or 1 grade. Everything was easy. I dont even understand how is it hard to put in a cd and click yes when it asks you if you want to import or not. If you need help you just go to the help tab at the top. Oh yeah and all the zune devices are fatter than the ipods. also dont vote for one because of software limitations because that can easily be fixed. I wonder do you guys ever update your ipod and itunes. Vote for an mp3 player that is great.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:21 PM

515 posts, read 1,330,142 times
Heart my Ipod. It's an Ipod Classic w/video 80 Gb. I had an Iriver before and a Creative Zen and neither compare to Ipod

Old 08-26-2008, 12:42 PM

750 posts, read 2,276,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBoy1212 View Post
I dont know why most people dont know how to use a computer. I never have trouble using anything. When my parents have trouble using something they come to me. When my friends dont know what they are talking about regarding a device i prove them wrong. I known how to use a computer since i was in kindergarten or 1 grade. Everything was easy. I dont even understand how is it hard to put in a cd and click yes when it asks you if you want to import or not. If you need help you just go to the help tab at the top. Oh yeah and all the zune devices are fatter than the ipods. also dont vote for one because of software limitations because that can easily be fixed. I wonder do you guys ever update your ipod and itunes. Vote for an mp3 player that is great.
Hey congrats on your knowledge of how to use a computer since 1 grade. I also can use a computer. The issue I have is with the software itself. I grew up with a pc and Microsoft and I took a chance with the Ipod and I don't find Itunes to be overly user freindly. I haven't given up on it just yet though, I just don't use my Nano much.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPaul View Post
Hey congrats on your knowledge of how to use a computer since 1 grade. I also can use a computer. The issue I have is with the software itself. I grew up with a pc and Microsoft and I took a chance with the Ipod and I don't find Itunes to be overly user freindly. I haven't given up on it just yet though, I just don't use my Nano much.
whats the issue, i think i can help u
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics