Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 03:59 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,052,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4me View Post
We have a Mitsubishi HDTV 1080 55 inch rear projection TV. It was working fine yesterday. Today it won't power on. The little green power light is blinking but nothing will respond. We tried unplugging. And tried the reset button. It continues to blink green with no response to any buttons or remote. Any ideas? Of course it Friday night so can't call for service repair till Monday. There is no warranty left on it.
I have a Samsung that did the same thing and it was the bulb that was burnt out.

busta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 04:12 PM

160 posts, read 1,162,052 times
Totally weird and strange.

Yesterday I noticed the green light was off. But was just passing through the room. Today I was in the room and reading and hubby came in and noticed it off and on a whim, pushed the button and it came on! A few days ago, my son had unhooked the DVR and moved it to another tv and so hubby had to go find a cable, hooked it up and the TV seems fine.

Very Strange!!!! The light had been blinking green for a couple weeks. I'll let you know if anything else happens!

Old 01-11-2010, 07:43 PM

Hey it's Off again. I give up.
Thanks anyway!

Old 01-11-2010, 08:26 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,052,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4me View Post
Hey it's Off again. I give up.
Thanks anyway!
this may help

I have a mitsubishi 1080 series tv. I turned the - FixYa

busta

Old 01-12-2010, 04:03 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
I had a RPTV go out on me. Very similar situation. Many times the volume would come on, but the image was dead. I had a repairman come to look at it (at a cost of 300 bucks!), to let me know that the board was out.

Getting rid of it was easy. I put an add on Ebay, and sold it for a dollar. I went out, bought a used TV at the local REX for 600 bucks.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:38 PM

It's working again.......

Old 01-19-2010, 08:50 AM

1,853 posts, read 9,688,401 times
I did some reading about some capacitors burning out in your model of tv. Once they burn out, the tv doesn't work until they are replaced.

That tells me that you could have a bad connection that sometimes makes contact. That could be a cracked board, or a cold solder joint.

I'm still leaning towards the tv is doing exactly what it is designed to do by trying to protect itself from a fluctuating power supply.

Years ago, I bought a house. We had lived there about 3 months when the refrigerator, tv, dehumidifier, microwave, and a couple of electric heaters all quit working. We thought that we had taken a lightning strike.

It turned out that the feed wires coming into the breaker box were aluminum. They are known to loosen and arc. My neutral wire was barely hanging on. It would arc to make contact, and then burn off again. It was causing the power throughout the house to fluctuate between 60, and 200 volts.

Didn't you say that you were having trouble with a furnace too?

Old 01-30-2010, 10:05 PM

HI, back again. Thanks for the info regarding wires. That would be something else to check. Tho our house is only about 8-9 years old. The furnace problem was more of a venting problem. We had an extender put on outside and we haven't had anymore problems there.
BUT, now about 4-5 times I've gone out to the garage and the old TV out there is on. Hubby said he was out there and it went on by itself. He left it. About an hour later it was off.

The Mitsu is/was on again. Currently it is off. Hubby will Finally call a repair man as he said he is not wanting to replace it. (Kids leaving for college soon and he doesn't think we will use/need it.)

Thanks!

Old 01-31-2010, 02:47 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,861,803 times
Mits DLPs from around 2004-2006 were notorious for bad capacitors on all their PC boards. There are literally hundreds of posts on AVS Forum from people with this problem. The first step is to pull the error code - the manual describes how to do this. If you're lucky, it's about $10 worth of capacitors and a couple hours of your time - if you're comfortable soldering on PC boards. The good news is that the bad capacitors are big electrolytics on the power board, not tiny SMTs on one of the logic boards. If not, it's a $350 rebuild of your chassis, if you can still find someone to do it. Third option is to junk it and consider it an expensive lesson.

I've done the electrolytic capacitor replacement on a WD-52825 (not mine) set and that gave it a couple more years of life. When the next failure meant SMT capacitor replacement I decided to replace the set. BLOD (blinking light of death) usually means it's the power PWB and an easy cap replacement. Besides pulling the error code, the other way to confirm this is to pull the cover and watch the lamp as you try to power on the set. If the lamp flashes but doesn't stay on, that's a strong indication it's the caps on the power PWB that have good bad.

You will need the service manual to take out the chassis and replace the caps. I have a copy of the one for the xxx25 series of sets, DM me if you need a copy.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:22 AM

1 posts, read 5,840 times
Default 55 inch mitsubishi rear projection hdtv audio not working

I just got this tv brought it home hooked it up and the video from the charter dvr comes on and we can watch tv but no audio? we tried hooking my ps3 up to and it still video but no audio tried hooking another speaker up to it and no audio to that either any ideas on what might be going wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics