Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 11:18 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,675,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I received the 2nd one I have purchased on ebay yesterday. On this one the VCR portion works but I can't get any channels on the TV. So, I am giving up. I'll just buy a regular 13" TV and plug a VCR into it.....sigh.
As you've found out all in one TV/VCR's are not a quality choice since in order to hold price point the components used to build a set like that must be cheaper than stand alone units.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 12:22 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,368,057 times
Quote:
I hope I'm posting this in the right forum. If not, please move it and pardon me for the error.

I need help. I've been looking for a new 13" TV/VCR combo for over a year. I think they are no longer being made by anyone.

Does anyone know where I could find one for sale?
Thrift store. My aunt bought 2 of these things from some local garage sale/thrift really cheap.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:00 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,140,088 times
Quote:
I received the 2nd one I have purchased on ebay yesterday. On this one the VCR portion works but I can't get any channels on the TV. So, I am giving up. I'll just buy a regular 13" TV and plug a VCR into it.....sigh.
Make sure the tv is set to cable and not air. If you want to explain the problem further I might be able to help.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:45 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times
The TV (and VCR) are now working. I just messed around with it until it started working.

I'd like to thank all of you for your help and suggestions. It's nice to know that there are people out there who care. : )

Old 04-20-2010, 12:18 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,844,229 times
I don't blame you
I have kept the vcr unit we have had for several years because I have some movies that are not available on DVD--and I don't want to pay to have them transferred to DVD--I dont know that the video shop I use would even do that since technically it is probably a copyright violation...
we have old family movies on VHS tapes that we haven't had transferred to DVD either...

Old 04-24-2010, 09:07 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,372,113 times
Funny you mention this. Not even 1 week ago, saw a sales circular advertising for this!! I thought, "What in the world??" I can't think of who it was, but I think it was one of the CVS, Walgreens, drug store type places. I'll think on this and see what I can remember!!

Old 04-24-2010, 09:10 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhousegirl View Post
Funny you mention this. Not even 1 week ago, saw a sales circular advertising for this!! I thought, "What in the world??" I can't think of who it was, but I think it was one of the CVS, Walgreens, drug store type places. I'll think on this and see what I can remember!!
Thank you. I guess I should be reading the sales in the paper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics