Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 08:13 PM

76 posts, read 151,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLORIDA TO NIOTA 2010 View Post
Wow what county are you in? My car is financed but I didn't have to get the title just the lien information (name, address, phone #). But we did have to give them the title to the other vehicle that was paid off. And both our license plates were $35.00 each.

Either way, it is a fantastic deal! As I said before, Florida charges a $378 fee for incoming vehicles plus Drivers Licenses increasing to $48.
I am glad we are moving to Tennessee, where the people are wonderful and where I can afford to live!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 09:23 AM

38 posts, read 98,651 times
BTW, my new drivers license fee was $16.00

Old 04-27-2011, 03:11 AM

3 posts, read 4,602 times
We moved from Florida to Morgan County in January. Our vehicle, which is paid off, was $35.00 for tag, title, registration. Our motorcycle, which is financed, was $29.00. We only had to give them the lien holder information on that. We gave them the title to the Jeep and about a week later, we got a Tennessee title. We had different prices for our driver's licenses. But , for the three of us, it was under $70.00. Another plus from Florida prices. We didn't have to pay for a dump sticker though. We just go when needed, no charge. Welcome to the wonderful mountain life!

Old 04-27-2011, 07:10 AM

16 posts, read 28,620 times
Just be aware, if you have a vehicle that's financed, you only had to provide the permission letter from the finance company OR just their info, depending on the company. Then, the clerk's office for your county will send a request for the title. FOLLOW UP ON THIS. If the leinholder doesn't send the title, you will have issues getting your tag renewed. Ask me how I know. Just went yesterday to renew my tag (we moved here 4/1/2010) and had issues. As a result, I am now submitting an application to refi my truck with the Tennessee Credit Union. Chase Auto can pack sand.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:11 AM

16 posts, read 28,620 times
Just realized I call it a "tag" also, must be a FL thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville