Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2011, 03:17 PM

76 posts, read 151,314 times

Advertisements

We tried this place (located across from Krystals) this morning. Not only are they affordable but they are amazingly yummy! More flavors then Ralphs (my fav is the strawberry iced) and only $4.99 a doz.
Try this place, you will not be sorry!

BTW they ARE open on Sundays

found this: http://www.herald-citizen.com/view/f...e=main_article
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 04:17 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,689,172 times
Thanks for the post. Cookeville is a little far but for a good donut and coffee it is worth the trip now and then.

I found a good little donut shop in Crossville by the name of Samatha's but unfortunately they shut their doors. Now the only place left is the Doughnut "O" and their coffee is downright nasty. Their donuts aren't that good but regardless they just keep raising the price.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:32 AM

869 posts, read 1,787,083 times
$4.99 a dozen special is now over, only a grand opening deal. We went there a week or so ago and we very disappointed. The glazed donuts were OK, there rest were just bad. I'll stick with Ralphs.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:59 AM

13,352 posts, read 39,954,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkman View Post
$4.99 a dozen special is now over, only a grand opening deal. We went there a week or so ago and we very disappointed. The glazed donuts were OK, there rest were just bad. I'll stick with Ralphs.
I was surprised to see that someone was bold enough to open another doughnut shop in Cookeville. Between Ralph's and Big O--and with Dunkin' Donuts already announced that they're coming to town--I just don't think there's enough demand for yet another doughnut shop in Cookeville. I just don't see that the new doughnut place will last very long, particularly considering how it's almost impossible to make anything as good as Ralph's. I feel bad for the owners of that new place.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 07-04-2011, 03:38 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,517,399 times
Where on South Jefferson in Cookeville..? Homer

Old 07-04-2011, 05:50 PM

In the shopping Center by Kmart. Where AT&T used to be.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:29 PM

12 posts, read 43,072 times
no one can compete with Dunkin Donuts, I' from Chicago there everywhere
the best coffee on the planet!!

Old 07-11-2011, 05:54 PM

13,352 posts, read 39,954,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upssnowman View Post
no one can compete with Dunkin Donuts, I' from Chicago there everywhere
the best coffee on the planet!!
Oh good heavens, Ralph's has infinitely better doughnuts than DD. The advantage DD has is that it has other things such as bagels, muffins, and hot breakfast foods. In fact, I think DD in Cookeville will do very well because of the bagels. There's nowhere else in town to get fresh bagels. And if DD opens near the interstate, they should do fine.

But back to the topic of this thread, unless Cookeville Donuts has something unusual that Ralph's doesn't, I don't see them being in business very long, particularly once DD opens.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 10-27-2012 at 07:14 PM..

Old 10-27-2012, 06:46 PM

Digging up an old thread, but, as predicted, Cookeville Donuts is now closed. Was by there today and saw the signs in the window. 4 donut shops couldn't be supported and they were the worst of the 4.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:48 PM

91 posts, read 222,698 times
Whoa there... the Choc covered cream filled at Big O is crazy good. I have to stop in every time I am in town visiting. Ralphs is also an institution. It has been there since I was a kid and that was many... many... many years ago. Not much is left of old Cookeville but Ralphs surely has made it a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville