Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2007, 11:47 AM

315 posts, read 1,006,111 times

Advertisements

I am comming up to Sparta to my newly acquired mobile home and land. I am using it for now as a vacation spot but plan to move up in about 5 years or less. My question, is there anything going on at the begining of Oct to do. Horse shows, craft fairs anything that I can go out and meet some my new neighbors and learn about my new town. I love it up there, especially the slower way of life and Hark knowing your neighbors. Where I live now in (sorry to say it) Florida, I know 2 neighbors and have lived at that house 5 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2007, 01:51 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,994,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacation bound View Post
I am comming up to Sparta to my newly acquired mobile home and land. I am using it for now as a vacation spot but plan to move up in about 5 years or less. My question, is there anything going on at the begining of Oct to do. Horse shows, craft fairs anything that I can go out and meet some my new neighbors and learn about my new town. I love it up there, especially the slower way of life and Hark knowing your neighbors. Where I live now in (sorry to say it) Florida, I know 2 neighbors and have lived at that house 5 years.
It looks like you are missing the County Fair by 1 month.

Go here for October events:

Sparta-White County Chamber of Commerce : AreaÂ*Events Calendar (http://www.sparta-chamber.net/events.asp - broken link)

Old 09-09-2007, 06:42 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,510,696 times
Just a short hop........ Rollercoaster Fair 2007 - 150 Miles of Yard Sales from Mammoth Cave, KY to Byrdstown, TN around Dale Hollow Lake and back to Glasgow, KY

Old 11-30-2007, 10:10 AM

14 posts, read 54,788 times
Hey! Thought I would let you know, if you plan to come back check the Chamber of Commerce web sight or the local paper websight for upcoming events:
Sparta-White County Chamber of Commerce in Tennessee,
The Sparta Expositor : Main Page

or Cookeville is not far away and more goes on there
Cookeville Chamber
Welcome to the Herald-Citizen Web Page!!

Welcome to the area, in warm weather we do have several parks that are beautiful for picnics, hiking, etc. Also if you like to fish we have some good lakes a short distance.

I would be glad to answer any question on the area for you that I can just e-mail me @ kdavis_erg@yahoo.com

Thanks
~Kathy~

Old 12-16-2007, 12:50 PM

My reply is very late but thanks for the info from everyone, I just found this today, for some reason this is the first of me finding my post again. Well now I am comming up for the week of Christmas (hoping to see some snow flurries. My son has never seen snow and he is 19) We also want to have a fire outside, does anyone know what months that I need to have a permit?

Old 12-17-2007, 08:45 AM

8 posts, read 20,180 times
Default Fire Permit

From October 15th to April 15th a permit is needed, as well as during dry periods.

All it takes to get a permit is a phone call to forestry. They are closed on weekends, so get the permit on Friday if you plan to burn over the weekend.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:26 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,652,762 times
In my county, recreational fires (cooking, pleasure, or ceremonial purposes) on designated or personal property are ok. You may run into the same thing when you call. Get out a stick and some marshmallows just in case lol

Old 12-17-2007, 12:12 PM

Thanks for the info. I live in FL right now and we are not allowed to burn in city limits anytime unless of course you are grilling out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville