Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2024, 07:01 PM

13,372 posts, read 40,087,340 times

Advertisements

It looks like another Mexican restaurant is coming to Baxter. The owner of Los Toritos in the Gulch neighborhood of downtown Nashville has purchased land in Baxter next to Taco Bell. Los Toritos also has locations in Gallatin and Crossville.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2024, 05:10 AM

Wingstop is opening for business tomorrow (Friday 2-9) at 10:30am. It's in the Shoppes at Eagle Point in the same building as Chicken Salad Chick in front of Publix and Academy Sports, behind Texas Roadhouse.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 02-15-2024, 06:29 PM

732 posts, read 827,191 times
I don't think anyone has mentioned this place yet. Between Cookeville and Baxter on Buffalo Valley Road there's a place I've passed by that looks, well, interesting. I decided to try it today. The Woo Hoo Wagon. They call themselves a "food joint" -- wink while saying joint as they're hoping to have cannabis-infused foods as soon as they get permission from the state. But until then, it's some really really good food. I had a cheeseburger (huge) but the cheese was deep fried smoked gouda and the sauce was a sweet red pepper and onion smoked gouda sauce. Oh my it was good. And they make their own potato chips. I have zero interest in anything with cannabis but I'll definitely go back. It's to-go so plan accordingly.

5086 Buffalo Valley Road
https://order.online/store/the-woo-h...ue&pickup=true

Old 03-21-2024, 09:22 AM

Baskin-Robbins is coming to Algood. After the Cookeville store had record-breaking sales in 2023, the owner is opening a 2nd area location, this one on Main Street in Algood near Big Mac Drive. They hope to break ground within the next 60 days.

https://www.ucbjournal.com/we-all-sc...9mFZeBcXJMO6_Q

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 03-21-2024, 12:34 PM

303 posts, read 299,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Baskin-Robbins is coming to Algood. After the Cookeville store had record-breaking sales in 2023, the owner is opening a 2nd area location, this one on Main Street in Algood near Big Mac Drive. They hope to break ground within the next 60 days.

https://www.ucbjournal.com/we-all-sc...9mFZeBcXJMO6_Q

If by break ground he means actually starting from scratch, location options are limited. This is interesting.

Old 03-22-2024, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justindb29 View Post
If by break ground he means actually starting from scratch, location options are limited. This is interesting.
I've heard that it's going where Checkers had already started. I don't know why Checkers changed its mind but apparently it's not coming to Algood anymore.

Old 03-22-2024, 01:10 PM

262 posts, read 526,574 times
Has the Checkers site on Willow in Cookeville had any work done there lately? Last time I was by there it appeared to be at a stand still.

Old 04-04-2024, 07:27 PM

Tyler Buck, the owner of the Cookeville Baskin-Robbins, was on Good Morning Cookeville on 107.7 talking about expanding into Algood. What many people don't know is that Tyler, 24, is the youngest Baskin-Robbins franchisee in the country, and he was only 22 when he bought it. He said the goal is to open the Algood location by October. He also said that the Cookeville store doubled its profits last year, so the ice cream business in Cookeville is apparently thriving. B-R does have awesome ice cream.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000651411906

Old 04-06-2024, 06:50 AM

Gallatin's Prince Street Pizza opened Cookeville Pizza & Pub yesterday, and it was so busy that they ran out of food well before closing time. They have 24 Tennessee-brewed beers on tap, and their menu is what you would expect for a pizza joint located next to a college campus plus a few things I haven't seen at other pizza places around here like BBQ pizza, and it was gooood.

Located at 707 Mahler Ave in the old Sunshine laundromat building immediately across the street from Tennessee Tech.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 04-07-2024, 05:44 AM

303 posts, read 299,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loonyrich View Post
Has the Checkers site on Willow in Cookeville had any work done there lately? Last time I was by there it appeared to be at a stand still.

I don't remember which Facebook post it was from the last couple weeks, but Randy Porter responded to somebody asking about Checkers in the comments. He said they were currently involved in a lawsuit with the contractor over the Cookeville location, and they were no longer coming to Algood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville