Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2015, 08:03 PM

869 posts, read 1,798,319 times

Advertisements

We've narrowed the Restaurant Row places we go to basically down to 3. Logan's. Only with the coupons though, Cheddar's is the best value & B-Dub's for the games and the atmosphere, food's OK, but a great place to hang out.
Was thinking about heading out to the Granville Marina soon once the leaves start changing. It's run by the Timberloft owners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 08:00 AM

1,120 posts, read 1,630,960 times
Just down the street from Rib City, the building signage for Anchor Down is up....not impressive, but I wish them good luck...no one else has survived that space....perhaps alcohol will further their business venture.

Old 10-19-2015, 12:06 PM

13,378 posts, read 40,123,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
Just down the street from Rib City, the building signage for Anchor Down is up....not impressive, but I wish them good luck...no one else has survived that space....perhaps alcohol will further their business venture.
I noticed that they have a fairly large outdoor dining area so maybe that will help them be successful. I'm definitely going to be giving Anchor Down a try soon after it opens.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 10-24-2015, 10:48 AM

We did make it out to the Granville Marina last night. Good thing, this is the last weekend they'll be open this year. Very good, but we like the Timberloft in Gordonsville, so I wasn't surprised. Nice to sit outside on the water and have a nice dinner. Had a very good Grilled Polish Kielbasa, don't think I'll find that on the menu anywhere in town,

Old 11-01-2015, 04:37 AM

This place sounds good. Damascus Deli. Not only is it a restaurant but they also have Middle Eastern groceries including Halal meats. They have a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/damascustaste/. From today's Herald-Citizen:

Menu items include falafal sandwich, shawarma sandwich, chicken shish taouk sandwich, kebab chicken, beef or chicken sandwiches, grape leaves, cheese with mint pastry, oregano and olive oil pastry and more.

Damascus Deli offers taste of Middle East

By my count, this is the 4th Middle Eastern restaurant in Cookeville. The others are Pharao's Grill at the corner of Willow and Broad, Cleopatra's about a block south on Willow, and Bravo's Cafe and Grill a few blocks north on Willow. There are also some hookah bars which serve Middle Eastern foods: Kero's Cafe on Broad Street and Kero's Cafe II on Jefferson. I think Cleopatra's is also a hookah bar.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 10-09-2016 at 04:39 PM..

Old 11-01-2015, 09:59 AM

Bravo is not really a middle eastern restaurant, more like a traditional diner. Greek owners, Gyro's on the menu, but menu is very traditional. We're usually there Friday nights, only night they are open for dinner.

Old 11-01-2015, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkman View Post
Bravo is not really a middle eastern restaurant, more like a traditional diner. Greek owners, Gyro's on the menu, but menu is very traditional. We're usually there Friday nights, only night they are open for dinner.
That's good to know. Sounds like someplace I'd enjoy trying.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 11-01-2015, 10:50 AM

1,120 posts, read 1,630,960 times
The Eggs Florentine is pretty good with grits at Bravos.

Old 11-01-2015, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
The Eggs Florentine is pretty good with grits at Bravos.
Dang that does sound good.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 11-01-2015, 12:09 PM

Their business has picked up since Algood Grill closed. We usually get out of there for about $20 for the 2 of us for dinner on Fridays. Haven't had to wait for a table yet, although it was close this past Friday. They have about 10 specials on Friday nights and I always see a ton of people order chicken livers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville