Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2018, 09:29 AM

13,372 posts, read 40,090,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruvrice11 View Post
Oh. My. God! I have missed our food! I live in Fayetteville so there is no Filipino restaurant or store here, I am not sure about Huntsville either. Although I can cook Filipino food, I can only cook a few. I miss the snacks and halo-halo(I can't make that for myself).

How is the job market there? My husband and I plan on moving after he graduate from nursing school and I may also go back to school get my IT degree. We are considering Mt Juliet, Hendersonville, Gallatin and Cookeville. There are not a whole lot of jobs and stuff here in Fayetteville, plus, those cities I mentioned are a lot closer to my in-laws.
The job market in Cookeville is thriving. The latest unemployment rate (Dec) was 2.9 percent. There have been something like 3,000 new jobs in the last couple of years in Cookeville. The hospital is large, very highly rated, and has the 13th largest payroll in the state. And with Tennessee Tech in Cookeville, getting your IT degree would be very convenient.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Oh. My. God! I have missed our food! I live in Fayetteville so there is no Filipino restaurant or store here, I am not sure about Huntsville either. Although I can cook Filipino food, I can only cook a few. I miss the snacks and halo-halo(I can't make that for myself).

I don't mean to go off topic but, how is the job market there? My husband and I plan on moving after he graduate from nursing school and I may also go back to school get my IT degree. We are considering Mt Juliet, Hendersonville, Gallatin and Cookeville. There are not a whole lot of jobs and stuff here in Fayetteville, plus, those cities I mentioned are a lot closer to my in-laws.

You're not a fan of yam and ube ice cream?! What even are you?! Just kidding.. Haha!
By the way, today's specials at Fil-Am Asian Store are pork sisig and chicken tinola. At A Taste of the Philippines today they have chicken and pork adobo, pininyahang manok, pancit, lumpia, and sweet & sour fish. On Saturdays they have "boodle fight" with bola bola, grilled fish, pancit, lumpia, sinigang na baboy, and garlic shrimp.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 03-09-2018, 10:41 AM

118 posts, read 132,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
By the way, today's specials at Fil-Am Asian Store are pork sisig and chicken tinola. At A Taste of the Philippines today they have chicken and pork adobo, pininyahang manok, pancit, lumpia, and sweet & sour fish. On Saturdays they have "boodle fight" with bola bola, grilled fish, pancit, lumpia, sinigang na baboy, and garlic shrimp.
I am droolingggggg!! It's lunchtime and I am hungry and I am 2 and a half hours from there! Tell me you eat those by hand, because that's the only way to eat it!

Old 03-09-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
I am droolingggggg!! It's lunchtime and I am hungry and I am 2 and a half hours from there! Tell me you eat those by hand, because that's the only way to eat it!
Of course!

(Pictures from their Facebook page.)

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 03-09-2018 at 02:25 PM..

Old 03-09-2018, 02:37 PM

118 posts, read 132,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Of course!

(Pictures from their Facebook page.)
This is what I miss so much! Showed the pictures to my husband and couldn't wait to try. He has no idea how fun this is.

Old 03-13-2018, 09:03 PM

It looks like Panda Express is about to get started:

Panda Express Restaurant (Cookeville TN) - Construction Project in Putnam Tennessee

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 03-13-2018 at 09:38 PM..

Old 03-16-2018, 07:19 AM

Ralph's was featured on Tennessee Crossroads last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrfJ...ature=youtu.be

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 03-18-2018, 07:49 PM

The Turn Around has always been one of my favorite places in Cookeville to grab a bite with fresh-made sandwiches, juices, salads, wraps, power shots, smoothies, and other healthy foods at its drive-thru kiosk just off Jackson. They have now opened a sit-down restaurant in a 1930s-era house at 213 Peachtree Ave, on the north end of downtown just east of the hospital and south of TTU. Here, they have a daily salad and fruit bar, a hot food bar, soups, sandwiches, etc., but will also have classes and seminars on naturopathy, reflexology, chiropractor, and even massage services.

One day this past week, their menu was wild caught parmesan encrusted flounder, organic homemade butter biscuits, black angus brisket, cauliflower rice, and sautéed asparagus. For breakfast, they have homemade waffles with local honey, organic omelets, organic muffins, and of course an assortment of fruit and fresh-squeezed juices.

The Turn Around Juice Bar, Cookeville, TN - New Online Menu & Mobile Ordering!

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 03-19-2018, 10:57 AM

162 posts, read 180,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
It has been years since I've has a Little Caesars pizza. But it will be nice to have one a couple of minutes from my house for the times I don't feel like driving into World Foods or Bravo Express for a pizza
According to a Little Caesar's employee at the Willow Ave location, the Algood Little Caesars will be open by the end of March.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:18 AM

The little building at 390 North Washington across from the Catholic church will become home to "FRESH, the Salad Station" according to its Facebook page. No word yet on when it will open, but they're working long hours to get the building renovated. I think there used to be a little Mexican store there at one time.

https://www.facebook.com/FRESH-The-S...0271617823890/

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville