Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2012, 07:00 AM

1 posts, read 3,194 times

Advertisements

This is my first year in Cookeville, and I want to take my 3 kids trick or treating like we are accustomed to. I can't seem to find any information about going this year, and have seen Cookeville Celebrates on weekends in some years. Does anyone know what's going on or where to take the kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 01:08 PM

16 posts, read 23,104 times
Good question...I just moved here as well to the Algood area and wondered the same thing. I am going to try to search for info as well. I did talk to someone a couple of weeks ago and they mentioned a "trunk or treat" going on at a local church.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:50 PM

1 posts, read 3,127 times
Wed. Oct 31st, 2012 - many of the churches around have trunk or treat where they decorate the trunks of cars & hand out candy. Some churches have it at their church buildings. Leslie Town Center in Cookeville usually have a church group there that have games & candy for children as well. The in town stores hand candy out & area homes have it as well.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:44 PM

869 posts, read 1,790,603 times
We've had very few kids at our house in the 2 years we've lived in this house. Being on a Wednesday night this year will drive even more kids away. I did like how the town I moved from did trick or treating, every year it was on the Sunday afternoon before Halloween, 2-5 PM. Made it easy to plan for, no after dark teens out causing trouble.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:47 PM

66 posts, read 179,660 times
I was amazingly disappointed by last year's Halloween. We didn't get a single trick-or-treater! I drove around and I might have seen 3 kids total.

Lame.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:28 PM

1 posts, read 3,091 times
Churches ARE a good idea...also has anyone considered calling the Sheriff's Department? Perhaps they can give you some tips or put you in contact with some members of local neighborhood watch programs (there may be certain times most families will be out in certain neighborhoods. Also, Wednesday, October 31st there is a Haunted Hollow Hayride:

when:Oct 31, 2012 at 7:00pm
where:1901 Mount Pleasant Road, Cookeville, TN
venue:Hidden Hollow Park
category:Arts and Entertainment

also check out Cookeville, TN Calendar of Events | Must See Cookeville

Good Luck

Old 10-30-2012, 03:13 PM

13,359 posts, read 40,014,992 times
Today's Herald-Citizen lists a bunch of Halloween activities around town, including ghost stories at the main library, haunted hayrides at Hidden Hollow Park, a Halloween festival at the children's museum, a 3-acre "corn maze of terror" at the Dodson Branch fire department, and of course a host of activities at area churches:

Herald Citizen - Lots of Halloween activities planned

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville