Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2014, 02:14 PM

1,884 posts, read 3,031,434 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I will be visiting next weekend (not this weekend) to look at lots/land, and also bringing my adult daughter who will be looking at homes. And I will have my 2 ten year olds.

The weather that is forecast says there will be 40% chance of rain and thunderstorms. When you get thunderstorms, are they 'passing' through and gone in an hour, or do they hand around for days/hours? I have lived in places with both types, and am just wondering. We were hoping to go to one of the Falls, but likely won't if its raining and storming, unless it clears up fast.

Also, we will be going to Ralphs Donuts and will try out a variety of restaurants.

Are there any 'don't miss it' things we should see?

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 03:01 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lae60 View Post
Hello,

I will be visiting next weekend (not this weekend) to look at lots/land, and also bringing my adult daughter who will be looking at homes. And I will have my 2 ten year olds.

The weather that is forecast says there will be 40% chance of rain and thunderstorms. When you get thunderstorms, are they 'passing' through and gone in an hour, or do they hand around for days/hours? I have lived in places with both types, and am just wondering. We were hoping to go to one of the Falls, but likely won't if its raining and storming, unless it clears up fast.

Also, we will be going to Ralphs Donuts and will try out a variety of restaurants.

Are there any 'don't miss it' things we should see?

thanks!
Since it's just a 40% chance, and given the time of year, whatever thunderstorm we get probably won't be a big one and probably won't last very long. I hope it'll be dry enough for you to visit some of the waterfalls around here. If the ground is wet, you might want to avoid Burgess Falls as the trail along the river will be pretty slick and messy. Parts of the trail are mulched, but other parts are just dirt, meaning mud. You could still go to Cummins Falls, though, as the trail is gravel (not dirt) and is a much more gentle walk. You'll just have to go to Burgess Falls after you move here.

I hope the weather will cooperate so you can get an outdoor table at Crawdaddy's downtown. It's one of my favorite eateries in Cookeville. And it's just around the corner from Ralph's...

Keep in mind that this is probably the least attractive time of year to visit. The trees are all bare, the sky is usually overcast and gray, and the grass can be a little brown. Just try to imagine the area in about a month when the spring flowers start coming to life and the redbuds and dogwoods are in bloom.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 02-13-2014, 06:18 PM

1,884 posts, read 3,031,434 times
Oh, does grass come in a different color than brown???? I thought that all grass naturally was brown, unless the city painted it green

Living in drought filled southern CA, we have lots of brown grass too. I live in the mountains (San Bernardino Forest) and the brush will be brown for 2 years now, no rain or snow to speak of for 2 years. And the pine trees are drying from a bark beetle infestation ...again. We had a major tree die off a few years ago.

I did notice that a lot of the listings for land showed brown fields, so its nice to know its seasonal.

We will try to go to Crawdaddy's for lunch. I know my kids will love to have beans and rice. Its one of their favorites.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:29 AM

24,767 posts, read 28,507,453 times
FYI >> Craw Daddy's menu Menus | Crawdaddys Grill - The Place To Be - West Side - Cookeville, TN

Old 02-14-2014, 04:09 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Tin Man View Post
You just made me VERY hungry!

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville