Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 01:54 PM

1,323 posts, read 4,685,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdj5773 View Post
By the way, do you live in Cookeville now?
JMT, I was going to ask the same question. I know you used to live in Knoxville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 05:05 PM

13,337 posts, read 39,765,772 times
Quote:
Thanks so much! Even if it is just a little further, it will be fine. Looking forward to getting back to TN!! By the way, do you live in Cookeville now?
I live between Cookeville and Nashville but had to run to Cookeville today to do some business.

At any rate, I drove between Cookeville and Standing Stone on 136. It's right at 20 miles from the Cookeville city limits to the park, and most of that is 55mph speed limit. It's a beautiful drive, but the road has a lot of twists and turns. I made the drive in about 20 minutes, but I can see why some would say to plan on 30 minutes. In particular, once you hit the state park you have to slow down dramatically and drive another couple of miles to get to the cabins including a section where you drive across a one-lane dam. Did I mention it's a beautiful drive?

I do think you'll most likely enjoy staying at the park, but I probably wouldn't plan on going back to the cabin during the day.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 06-23-2014, 05:14 PM

122 posts, read 260,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
I live between Cookeville and Nashville but had to run to Cookeville today to do some business.

At any rate, I drove between Cookeville and Standing Stone on 136. It's right at 20 miles from the Cookeville city limits to the park, and most of that is 55mph speed limit. It's a beautiful drive, but the road has a lot of twists and turns. I made the drive in about 20 minutes, but I can see why some would say to plan on 30 minutes. In particular, once you hit the state park you have to slow down dramatically and drive another couple of miles to get to the cabins including a section where you drive across a one-lane dam. Did I mention it's a beautiful drive?

I do think you'll most likely enjoy staying at the park, but I probably wouldn't plan on going back to the cabin during the day.
Awesome! Really looking forward to it. It's been so long since I've been to that part of TN, I'm probably going to be in awe once again. I really appreciate you making that drive; hope you didn't have to go out of your way, but from the sound of it, it gave you a good reason to make that beautiful drive

We will more than likely not be driving back to the cabin during the day, as we will explore around Cookeville and look at the area. We plan on going to Fall Creek Falls one day and also Burgess Falls. Still doing some planning on other places to go, but my Son and his friend will be touring TN Tech. They are looking forward to that. Also, going to eat at Cookeville Boat Dock and may eat at Crawdaddy's. Just have to see how things go...We're only there for 2 full days and 1/2 of another.

Again, thanks!

Old 06-23-2014, 08:02 PM

24,772 posts, read 28,406,474 times
Monterey area.. East of Cookeville..

Tennessee Bed and Breakfast in TN Bed Breakfast Middle Tennessee B&B TN

Old 06-23-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Tin Man View Post
Well, I've already booked at Standing Stone State Park, but that place looks really nice. I have added it to my favorites. Thanks!

Old 06-24-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Well, I've already booked at Standing Stone State Park, but that place looks really nice. I have added it to my favorites. Thanks!
Your welcome Falls Creek Falls is another Great Park.. but book very early. The State Park system is in renovations this year 2014. If you call a park inquire if they are in renovations..
Another place near Cookeville .. You may want to look for reviews never stayed here but looks nice
Pickwick Lake Vacation Rental - VRBO 88621 - 0 BR MS Cabin, Romantic Tn Vacation Rental Near Monterey Cookeville Crossville

Old 06-25-2014, 08:08 AM
JRR

8,126 posts, read 5,584,145 times
This is where we are staying for a week next month during our trip to Cookeville. I'll add my impressions after we return, in case anyone would be interested in the future.

Blackberry Bramble Cottage - Home

Old 06-25-2014, 09:29 AM

13,337 posts, read 39,765,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
This is where we are staying for a week next month during our trip to Cookeville. I'll add my impressions after we return, in case anyone would be interested in the future.

Blackberry Bramble Cottage - Home
That looks awesome! I'd never heard of Blackberry Bramble Cottage before but it looks like a great place to stay. It does say, however, that there's a maximum of 4 guests, and children aren't allowed. Otherwise, it looks like the perfect place for people who are coming to the Cookeville area and wanting to stay somewhere more interesting than a chain hotel. Thanks for sharing the link, and I hope you'll have a wonderful stay there and in Cookeville.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 06-25-2014, 10:43 AM

This place is a little south of Crossville.. Crossville, Tennessee B&B Vacation Lodge- Cumberland Mountain Lodge Wedding Venue

Old 06-25-2014, 02:04 PM

These all look like really nice places. Thanks for sharing the links. I have saved them for future use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville