U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2017, 01:23 PM

175 posts, read 203,822 times

Advertisements

The water committee (not sure official name) meets in January for the appeal he filed in August. I know that they had to wait on that for part of it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 01:42 PM

926 posts, read 1,083,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolex123 View Post
The water committee (not sure official name) meets in January for the appeal he filed in August. I know that they had to wait on that for part of it.
Only awaiting the decision for the dismissal of the appeal at this point; if dismissed the appeal is dismissed, then there will not be the necessity for the appeal hearing.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:34 AM

Ricky posted an update on shoppes at eagle pointe yesterday on his Facebook page, but no new updates really.

Old 01-18-2017, 12:49 PM

12,598 posts, read 35,162,618 times
I heard that the restaurants committed to this, so far, are Panera, Chipotle, and Five Guys. I hadn't heard about Five Guys before, so this was news to me.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 01-18-2017, 01:02 PM

I believe Five Guys was always committed and was announced with the other stores in 2015. Also, it doesn't matter what stores are committed if they can't get this moving forward and get Paddock's appeal dismissed. A better update would be regarding construction or dismissal of the appeal. While it's moving forward to becoming a reality it's still not a reality and multiple things are still holding it up.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:36 PM

12,598 posts, read 35,162,618 times
Quote:
I believe Five Guys was always committed and was announced with the other stores in 2015.
That could be, but it wasn't mentioned here at city-data nor in any of the Herald-Citizen's reports which is why I got pretty excited when I heard that Five Guys was included. I can't imagine that Paddock's appeal won't be dismissed. The mayor indicated that he's been in on some of the discussions lately, and I hope he posted what he did on Facebook because he's confident that the shopping center will be built.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 01-18-2017, 05:31 PM

836 posts, read 1,462,116 times
After years of having to drive to Mt Juliet for Five Guys, I know have one in the shopping center that is literally across the street from me here in Charlotte. Went 3 time in the 1st month and once since. So expensive, and we honestly have so many new choices here. I really hope this gets built though, Cookeville will love Publix, the bakery is amazing. I've been working a p/t cashier there for a couple of months for something to do until I can find a f/t position I really want and found very loyal customers and great bogo deals every week.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:53 PM

In of all places, I hear news from the Publix front this evening in a pizza place in Florence, Alabama. Apparently, Publix has told some of their folks in our area that the development should be clear of its current tanglings and ready to go forward in seven or so months.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:08 PM

Seven or so months?! So basically 2018. I'll believe it when I see it at this point. Every update seems to be further and further out and constant delays. Not sure how credible The Publix front would be in Alabama. The developers wanted to start construction in March, but clearly that isn't going to happen.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Seven or so months?! So basically 2018. I'll believe it when I see it at this point. Every update seems to be further and further out and constant delays. Not sure how credible The Publix front would be in Alabama. The developers wanted to start construction in March, but clearly that isn't going to happen.
I found the source to be fairly credible with secondhand information and no agenda for leverage. It was brought up casually, and this timeframe could have an origination from late last year or earlier.....the gist is that Publix appears to be committed to Cookeville...that's good news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville