Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 10:08 AM

219 posts, read 811,156 times

Advertisements

Hello all. Crossville is on my list of one of the places I am thinking about moving to. I then come across some information that states that Crossville, TN has a meth problem. Anyone living in Crossville have any information they can give me about that? Anything else about the town and the area would be greatly appreciated also. I basically am looking for a place with a low crime and drug rate, good schools, lots of sunny weather, not to cold, clean air and water, and beautiful scenery with lots of activities for my children whom are ages 13 and 17.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 10:29 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Crossville does have a meth problem, then again, so does pretty much the whole of the United States.

Problems like meth will tend to stand out much more in small towns where any problem or issue seems much greater due simply to population. However, I have lived in Crossville proper for a time and did not see this problem as it has been portrayed. In Tennessee (with special thanks to Congressman Bart Gordon) legislation to combat this nationwide problem has been passed and efforts are being made. I would also like to point out that meth use in Tennessee has dropped considerably in the past two years.

I am of the opinion that while it is an issue to be addressed, it is very overblown and would not be enough for me to overlook Crossville as a place to live. Crossville is a great little growing town and I am sure there are some here on this forum that will be more than happy to provide other advice and opinions.

Hope that helps

-Tn

Old 12-27-2007, 10:34 AM

14 posts, read 55,114 times
Helps alot,Thnx.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:59 AM

24,767 posts, read 28,523,474 times
Just do research on the area your looking at. Talk too the Police-the Church-Civic Organizations-your local convenient store owner. When you stop at the local restaurant ask, are you a local? I can all most guarantee if you ask nicely you will get a response. In the short 3+ days I was in Crossville in June 07.People I meet where just out standing on answering question about the area. I was very pleased with their frankness...... It's a great town and great people.........

Old 12-27-2007, 12:05 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
I think all of mid-TN has a meth problem. From what I hear Crossville isnt any worse than other counties.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:00 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Challenge: Find a town/county in the US without a meth problem.

Old 12-27-2007, 02:00 PM

219 posts, read 811,156 times
Well. I live in a small town in Texas and we have no meth problem. The problem here is weed and cocaine.

Old 12-27-2007, 02:02 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,078 times
If it's just in Tennessee, then they must be making a whole lot of it, cuz it's affecting my ability to buy freakin' Children's Pediacare; it now requires a special trip to the pharmacy window, producing my driver's license, and signing a bunch of papers, rather than just picking it off the shelf.

I agree, meth is cheap and easy to make from accessible ingredients, and very addictive. The perfect product for a small-time thug to sell from home for big profits!

We stayed in Crossville when we came down in May and it's a lovely town! Good luck!

Old 12-27-2007, 02:05 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
If it's just in Tennessee, then they must be making a whole lot of it, cuz it's affecting my ability to buy freakin' Children's Pediacare; it now requires a special trip to the pharmacy window, producing my driver's license, and signing a bunch of papers, rather than just picking it off the shelf.
Isnt that a bunch of crap. Ive had to do the same to buy cough syrup for my grandkids, but I was told it was because teenagers were drinking it to get drunk. Ha.

Old 12-27-2007, 02:27 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,078 times
I think it's because of some ingredient in the decongestant that's used to make meth...

I had to do the same to get my allergy pills the other day.

They probably don't want us to know about it because maybe we'd decide to go into the business ourselves lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville