Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 01:57 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times

Advertisements

Clearing alot of land to build something on Neal street. What could it be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 07:49 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,606,232 times
I'd guess they're only clearing it to make it more attractive to sell....that is what it looked like when I drove by yesterday...hope I'm wrong and it is something we would like to have come in to our town.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:07 AM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
I do know that the NC-based Cookout restaurant is coming to Cookeville, but I don't know where. My brother works for Cookout at their HQ in NC and said bids for the construction were opened on April 22. But he doesn't know where in town it's going, just that it's new construction and not a rehab of something else (their Knoxville locations were both rehabs).

I wonder what's being built next to the Burger King on West Spring. The lot looks too small for a fast food place, but who knows.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 05-21-2014, 01:40 PM

122 posts, read 263,538 times
Is there a Five Guys in Cookeville? Love their burgers and their cajun fries.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:43 AM

869 posts, read 1,785,873 times
Burger King is building a new place next to their old one on Spring St and will then tear down the old one for their parking lot. No 5 Guys here, Mt Juliet is the closest one. & I'd agree about the clearing on Lowe av, next to the Honda place. On a big hill, I think they are just clearing it out. Not a good retail location.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:03 AM

111 posts, read 484,867 times
The clearing crew is working on the opposite side of Neal street as well. I agree with Sparkman, unless some major grading is done, neither sight seems fit for retail locations.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:08 AM

We have a copy cat Five Guys....Flippin Burger in Algood and Wal*Mart...and less inexpensive than Five Guys. I thought some franchise fast food place purchased land on Jefferson in front of Murphy Oil a year or two ago...thought that was to be the Cookeville Bojangles.....

Pretty boring right now...nothing much seems to be happening or officially announced.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:27 AM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
We have a copy cat Five Guys....Flippin Burger in Algood and Wal*Mart...and less inexpensive than Five Guys. I thought some franchise fast food place purchased land on Jefferson in front of Murphy Oil a year or two ago...thought that was to be the Cookeville Bojangles.....

Pretty boring right now...nothing much seems to be happening or officially announced.
Yeah I remember the Herald-Citizen quoted somebody from Bojangles a couple of years ago saying that they wanted to have two of them in Cookeville. Instead, Crossville got one and Cookeville is still waiting.

I think Five Guys would be very successful in Cookeville. I do like Flippin Burgers for their burgers, but not their fries.

I think it's interesting that the old Beef O'Brady's location is still empty but there's not a For Lease sign up there. I keep thinking that would be a good place for a Five Guys or even a Panera.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 05-22-2014, 11:24 AM

869 posts, read 1,785,873 times
Servpro seems to have moved into one of the units in that stripcenter, but not sure which one. Their cars are there all of the time now, right in front of the old Beef O'Brady's and their old place on 111 is for lease. Not really a retail business though.

W
ent to Bojangles in Crossville a couple of months ago, once was enough. not a fan

Old 05-23-2014, 09:52 AM

I meant Algood and the Mall earlier. From what I remember about the Hearld-Citizen article that the Bojangles folks were going to put one in Crossville and one in Cookeville. Personally, I'd rather have Popeyes.

The Old Toots....two times a Beef O'Brady's is for some reason perceived by Cookevillians as a bad location...don't understand why....Cookeville can be fickle like that. The rumor was that the Panera was going to be a freestanding store complete with drive thru.

Again....nothing seems to be happening lately....boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville