Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 11:55 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,606,842 times

Advertisements

Riverview Inn in Clarksville comes to mind as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2015, 04:05 PM

10 posts, read 11,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
I've seen a few of those Neighborhood Walmart markets, but I don't recall seeing one with gas pumps. I was thinking maybe this supermarket is going to be a Food City. I just hope it won't thwart the new Publix. Speaking of which, I sure wish they'd hurry up and start on that new Publix.

Anyway, I drove by where this new supermarket is going to go, and that land is awfully sloped. But it is definitely prime real estate.
has Publix been confirmed for cookeville?

Old 06-15-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken n lori View Post
has Publix been confirmed for cookeville?
Unofficially.

Old 06-25-2015, 12:56 PM

1 posts, read 990 times
Here's what I've been able to put together so far.

Hutton has worked extensively with Publix in the past.
Publix has recently started putting fuel pumps at their new stores.
Publix (unlike Wal-Mart) is known for investing in the infrastructure of the areas they want to go into. Hutton said that the grocery anchor has a plan to mitigate any potential flooding issues.
The new businesses coming to Cookeville/Putnam County will lift the average income to be in the required range for Publix.
Publix LOVES to be near both a Food Lion and a Kroger when they go in.
They also said that they have strong verbal commitments for EVERY other slot in the shopping center. Only Publix has that kind of drawing power.
Finally, Publix knows that they are wanted here. Last I knew, there was a Facebook page dedicated to it.

While it COULD be some other chain, it sounds like a Publix to me.

Old 06-25-2015, 02:30 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,232,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sconni_Girl View Post
Publix has recently started putting fuel pumps at their new stores.
Publix divested its 14 Pix convenience stores in 2013. Unless it is reviewing strategic options to re-enter the convenience store business, Publix's concentration is in food and pharmacy.

Food City, Ingle's, Kroger and Walmart are four Tennessee food retailers with fuel centers. Any planned supermarket with a fuel center would be among those options.

Old 06-25-2015, 03:14 PM

It's a Wal*Mart Grocery; that is who Hutton came calling with and is working with in North Georgia and Chattanooga more frequently. Publix still unofficially official for Shoppes at Eagle Pointe.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:16 AM

The housing looked vacant as I drove by on Willow yesterday afternoon; has it been confirmed that the site has been vacated of tenants?

Old 08-25-2015, 11:54 AM

13,350 posts, read 39,946,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
The housing looked vacant as I drove by on Willow yesterday afternoon; has it been confirmed that the site has been vacated of tenants?
The last time I drove by there I saw what looked like a few houses with residents, but that was a couple of weeks ago. I'm still wondering where those residents are headed.

It does seem like the wheels of progress turn slowly around here. There have been several announcements of large developments around town, this one included, but without any visible signs of progress. I'm curious to see how this supermarket is going to be situated on this site. There's going to have to be one heck of a retaining wall no matter where it's built.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 08-25-2015, 12:35 PM

869 posts, read 1,786,424 times
I've heard it will face Willow, main entrance even with the Willow entrance to Jackson Plaza. Obviously, there will be a light there. You're right, a big retaining wall along the canal in front to handle the heavy rains. St store would be set back as far as possible, so any water shouldn't affect it. Hopefully, they don't open a side entrance on Jackson, that would be a disaster. Stevens will really never some work to be able to handle traffic coming out of a store. Would be nice if, at the same time, they redo the Jackson/Willow intersection and pen it up as much as possible. A 2nd left turn lane from n/b Willow to w/b Jackson would do wonders.

Old 08-27-2015, 08:16 AM

320 posts, read 540,534 times
^^^ Yes to ALL of that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville