Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 10:25 AM

9 posts, read 12,216 times

Advertisements

Our family will be moving to Cookeville next year and am wondering if there are any country clubs there with activities for kids? Pools? Golf? Tennis? I see there are a few golf courses there but couldn't find much information in the way of memberships to the club and what they have to offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2015, 11:57 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,608,376 times
Cookeville Country Club went public and is now Cookeville Golf Club; White Plains has tennis, golf and a swimming pool...golf is open to the public.

Old 08-23-2015, 01:00 PM

869 posts, read 1,787,594 times
Correct, there are no private Country Clubs in Cookeville. Crossville is called the Golf capital of TN, and there are more courses up the Plateau, but the only thing close to private is Fairfield Glade. Property owners there are members and get lower rates, everything is pay as you use. No "All Inclusive" membership. It's about 45 minutes from Cookeville. You can buy a membership lot very cheap. In town, everything is public.

Old 08-23-2015, 03:13 PM

You can buy or build at White Plains and Cookeville Golf Club and utilize tennis, swimming and golf courses. These are the closest things to Country Clubs in Cookeville...now that CGC is no longer private.

Old 08-23-2015, 05:07 PM

Thank you for this. It's nice these are all available.

Old 08-23-2015, 08:13 PM

13,353 posts, read 39,963,688 times
I remember when Cookeville Golf Club was simply referred to as "the country club" to differentiate it from Belle Acres which was the only public course in town. Back in the day the country club was pretty swank, at least by Cookeville standards.

I think White Plains is my favorite, although Cookeville Golf Club also has a restaurant on premises which White Plains doesn't have. I don't know, but there might be more children's activities at CGC than at White Plains.

Southern Hills and Ironwood also have homes around their courses although I don't think either one has tennis and swimming.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 08-24-2015, 10:03 AM

Thank you. The clubs I'm familiar with require membership and have great amenities. I am looking for a place that has all the activities I previously mentioned in one place. In your opinion who has the best pool in town (upkeep, esthetics, etc)? And are the pools open from May to September?
On a side note, why did CGC go public if there are other public ones in town?

Old 08-24-2015, 10:54 AM

White Plains and CGC are both pretty nice; I would guess that the pools are open from Memorial Day to Labor Day...perhaps they open sooner and close later. No idea why CGC went public. In my opinion the pool is nicer at White Plains while CGC has the upper hand on clubhouse.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
White Plains and CGC are both pretty nice; I would guess that the pools are open from Memorial Day to Labor Day...perhaps they open sooner and close later. No idea why CGC went public. In my opinion the pool is nicer at White Plains while CGC has the upper hand on clubhouse.
Agreed. White Plains also has a lot more homes than CGC although CGC has a larger variety of homes including condos right on the fairway. If the OP is looking for a country club in the traditional sense, meaning that only club members are allowed on premises, there's nothing like that anymore in Cookeville now that CGC has gone public. Hidden Valley in Overton County might be the closest private country club to Cookeville.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 09-03-2015, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Agreed. White Plains also has a lot more homes than CGC although CGC has a larger variety of homes including condos right on the fairway. If the OP is looking for a country club in the traditional sense, meaning that only club members are allowed on premises, there's nothing like that anymore in Cookeville now that CGC has gone public. Hidden Valley in Overton County might be the closest private country club to Cookeville.
I did read that there are 38 more homes being built at Southern Hills Golf Course so maybe they're also going to expand the clubhouse to include something like a swimming pool and some tennis courts.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville