Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2017, 04:57 PM

421 posts, read 1,690,556 times

Advertisements

Wow! High rise? Meaning 8 stories or higher? I'd love to see that downtown!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 06:42 AM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firepower View Post
Wow! High rise? Meaning 8 stories or higher? I'd love to see that downtown!
Me too! I just wish they were in a little more prominent areas, but the prospect is still exciting. I'm sure the new Bravo Express will like having a bunch of apartments/condos across the street, and vice-versa.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 06-26-2017, 03:39 PM

I've heard that another Holiday Inn is coming to town, this one at the old Raceway on Willow.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 06-26-2017, 07:27 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,606,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
I've heard that another Holiday Inn is coming to town, this one at the old Raceway on Willow.
Probably a smart play...would be the only hotel at the exit, unless you count the infamous Star Motor Inn. Close to Highlands Industrial Park and in town.

Surely a full fledged Holiday Inn and not another Express?

Old 07-30-2017, 08:00 AM

A developer out of Florida has bought Willow Tree Shopping Center and is going to give it some much-needed TLC. This is the shopping center that's anchored by Harbor Freight, Aaron's, Family Dollar, Rite Aid, and Save-A-Lot. The new owner, Fimiani Development Corp., buys old shopping centers and spruces them up. This will be their first venture in Tennessee.

Cookeville got his attention due to it being what he called a growing, vibrant community.

"Willow Tree's close proximity to the historic downtown and central business district, Tennessee Tech University and Cookeville Regional Medical Center makes it an appealing location for retailers," he said.

Fimiani, who is based in Boca Raton, Florida, has big plans for improving it.

"I'm looking to replace the roofs, paint the exterior, redo the parking and renovating the interior to help fill the vacancies," he said. "Right now, it's at about 75 percent occupancy."

Read more here:
Willow Tree Shopping Center to be revitalized | Herald Citizen

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 07-30-2017, 11:46 AM

666 posts, read 761,870 times
My wife keeps asking me when Target is coming to Cookeville so I thought I would poke around and see what I could find. I found this website that shows Target has been opening lots of new stores recently. I know that a lot of Cookevillians would like to see a Target in Cookeville and I even saw a Facebook page dedicated to a Target coming to town. Given the recent expansion at Target, I wonder if they have looked at Cookeville. Maybe the town can try and get the attention of Target. This might be the right time for Cookeville ....

Old 07-30-2017, 12:08 PM

121 posts, read 162,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumeby View Post
My wife keeps asking me when Target is coming to Cookeville so I thought I would poke around and see what I could find. I found this website that shows Target has been opening lots of new stores recently. I know that a lot of Cookevillians would like to see a Target in Cookeville and I even saw a Facebook page dedicated to a Target coming to town. Given the recent expansion at Target, I wonder if they have looked at Cookeville. Maybe the town can try and get the attention of Target. This might be the right time for Cookeville ....
It would be nice to see a Target in the area for sure. Not sure how soon it will happen if ever though. Target centers it's stores in upper middle to higher income areas primarily in and around larger metro areas. They tend to stay away from smaller cities/towns. Target is a bit fussy where they build as opposed to Wal Mart who will build stores just about anywhere. I would think that Cookeville would be a good spot for a Target but again, I am not sure how much interest they would have in the area. Time will tell. I would not hold your breath for too long. Same goes with Home depot. They tend to shy away from the smaller towns/cities. They do tend not to compete with Lowes in those places.

Old 07-30-2017, 12:54 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,606,232 times
A Martian will fall to earth sooner than Target breaks ground in Cookeville. UC folks have been yearning for Target for decades...the city's population and household income do not meet Target's demographic parameters. The city has employed recruiters in the past to no avail landing a Target.

Old 07-30-2017, 03:33 PM

262 posts, read 522,826 times
I think this was probably discussed before but can someone refresh my memory....what is being built in the cow pasture SW corner of Neal and Veterans Dr.?

Old 07-30-2017, 08:30 PM

70 posts, read 79,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fltaz View Post
It would be nice to see a Target in the area for sure. Not sure how soon it will happen if ever though. Target centers it's stores in upper middle to higher income areas primarily in and around larger metro areas. They tend to stay away from smaller cities/towns. Target is a bit fussy where they build as opposed to Wal Mart who will build stores just about anywhere. I would think that Cookeville would be a good spot for a Target but again, I am not sure how much interest they would have in the area. Time will tell. I would not hold your breath for too long. Same goes with Home depot. They tend to shy away from the smaller towns/cities. They do tend not to compete with Lowes in those places.
Home Depot was the only one on the Treasure Coast when I moved to Florida in '88. The population in that area was similar to what is in this area now. Lowes came in later, early 2000's I think it was. Port Saint Lucifer was only 33k people then. It's been brutally hot there this summer. I expect the demographics to start shifting north as the trends (hotter) of the last 30 years continue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville