Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 08:59 AM
 
1,120 posts, read 1,623,495 times
Reputation: 1037

Advertisements

Gene's Place Pizzeria opened yesterday; I grabbed a large pizza to go. Obviously, the crust is very similar to Manny's Pizza in Algood...which isn't by accident if you know the backstory. Mine wasn't as crisp or charred as I would have liked, but other patrons eating at the restaurant had some nice looking crusts for their pizzas. I did enjoy the pizza; the pepperoni was piled high, and the pizza had a really good spiciness...I'll ask for a more crispy crust next time. The parking, as you might guess, is not so convenient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 10:42 AM
 
13,370 posts, read 40,071,909 times
Reputation: 10820
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
Gene's Place Pizzeria opened yesterday; I grabbed a large pizza to go. Obviously, the crust is very similar to Manny's Pizza in Algood...which isn't by accident if you know the backstory. Mine wasn't as crisp or charred as I would have liked, but other patrons eating at the restaurant had some nice looking crusts for their pizzas. I did enjoy the pizza; the pepperoni was piled high, and the pizza had a really good spiciness...I'll ask for a more crispy crust next time. The parking, as you might guess, is not so convenient.
Thanks for the review. I really want to try this place. I love what they've done to the building. I've seen pictures that others have posted on Facebook and it looks great, both the building and the pizza. I'm like you, I like a wood fired pizza where the crust has a bit of a charred edge.

As for the parking, isn't the big parking lot across the street available? I know it belongs to First Baptist Church but I thought they let others park there such as for those going to Walnut Ave Park.
__________________


IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 11:51 AM
 
1,120 posts, read 1,623,495 times
Reputation: 1037
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
As for the parking, isn't the big parking lot across the street available? I know it belongs to First Baptist Church but I thought they let others park there such as for those going to Walnut Ave Park.
Yes, but you have to dodge traffic (not suggesting jaywalking) or wait at the crosswalk, and even at that crosswalk you have to dodge traffic when its your turn to walk. Also, parking on that side requires maneuvering through a narrow pass with the utility pole on the side walk....not so easy with a large pizza in hand.

Last edited by tragenvol; Today at 12:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:02 PM
 
13,370 posts, read 40,071,909 times
Reputation: 10820
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
Yes, but you have to dodge traffic (not suggesting jaywalking) or wait at the crosswalk, and even at that crosswalk you have to dodge traffic when its your turn to walk. Also, parking on that side requires maneuvering through a narrow pass with the utility pole on the side walk....not so easy with a large pizza in hand.
That telephone pole on the corner really is obnoxious. I hope the city will get around to burying the utilities in that part of downtown sooner rather than later. Of course that'll create more headache until it's done, but it would be worth it in the end.

Is there a back door to the pizzeria so that one can avoid maneuvering around that telephone pole completely?
__________________


IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top