Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 10:23 AM

13,350 posts, read 39,943,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
I think that should be "brew pub;" as the first thing you see on their FB homepage is a Bud Light. Dilly, dilly! Looks like a smoking establishment, perhaps the Westside needs a smoking bar, or will ultimately reject a smoking bar. Nice looking interior.
It does look good. If I have time I'll head over there today, they're open now. A special today is shrimp po boy.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 03-07-2021 at 06:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2019, 04:28 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,606,583 times
It's a smoking bar...and grill.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
It does look good. If I have time I'll head over there today, they're open now. A special today is shrimp po boy.
This was The Spot on the square in Gainesboro; now closed and moved to 1st and Cedar.

Old 02-14-2019, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
This was The Spot on the square in Gainesboro; now closed and moved to 1st and Cedar.
That makes me sad for Gainesboro. Downtown Gainesboro just can't get any traction it seems. First, Bight of the Bend moves to Cookeville and becomes The Blue Pig, then The Bull & Thistle closes, and now this.

Anyway, speaking of the WestSide, I was at World Foods yesterday and had their Red Silo pizza. They use the spent grains from Red Silo Brewery to make the crust of a bbq chicken pizza. It was amazing.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 04-02-2019, 06:28 PM

The new medical building on 1st Street is a little larger than I thought it would be. I haven't seen any renderings of the finished product. The hospital is in the background on the left, and Middle Tennessee Credit Union is in the small building on the right.

In other news, Poet's Coffee has announced they're going to open a 3rd location downtown, this time on the WestSide. Tragenvol, do you suppose that's the coffee shop you said was going in the building next to Crawdaddy's?

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 04-03-2019, 08:41 AM

In other news, Poet's Coffee has announced they're going to open a 3rd location downtown, this time on the WestSide. Tragenvol, do you suppose that's the coffee shop you said was going in the building next to Crawdaddy's?[/quote]

I haven't heard who...only that it was going into the bottom floor of the former Streamliner Building.

Old 04-03-2019, 11:13 AM

19 posts, read 20,429 times
Poets kitchen is moving into where blue rooster use to be (on the west side). They were painting it today soul craft coffee (which now operates as a coffee truck) is the coffee shop opening up in the streamlined building.

Old 04-05-2019, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iheardsomewhere View Post
Poets kitchen is moving into where blue rooster use to be (on the west side). They were painting it today soul craft coffee (which now operates as a coffee truck) is the coffee shop opening up in the streamlined building.
Great info! Soul Craft Coffee told me they hope to be open in the next couple of weeks. Do you know if Poet's Kitchen is going to be a restaurant, or will it be a meal prep/take-out place like Blue Rooster Canteen?

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 04-05-2019, 09:30 PM

19 posts, read 20,429 times
Good Question, Poet's Kitchen now has a facebook page and according to that page "The newest Poet's concept. A breakfast and lunch spot that also includes a coffee shop." with products: "Breakfast, Lunch and Grab-and-Go." I would imagine that means that there will be a couple of tables to eat in. Looking forward to it opening!

Old 04-29-2019, 09:19 AM

The old junk store and alterations shop on Broad has been nicely renovated into a women's clothing and accessories boutique and fitness studio.

Directly across the street, Soul Craft's café is coming along nicely. I had a sneak peek into the inside but wasn't able to take any pictures. Suffice to say it'll be a very nice café.

Around the corner, Poet's Kitchen is starting taking shape.

(from their Facebook page)

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville