Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 07:56 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,608,376 times

Advertisements

Likely a pipe dream, but a Jason's Deli would be awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 05:04 AM

303 posts, read 295,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
Likely a pipe dream, but a Jason's Deli would be awesome.

I wouldn't be so sure nowadays. That said, I'm not sure that that would be the best location though.

Old 06-18-2019, 05:51 AM

13,353 posts, read 39,959,401 times
I was having a discussion with someone about what grocery store was going to be in this shopping center: Food City or Kroger? He showed me this article from December in the Chattanooga Times-Free Press that quotes Food City President and CEO Steve Smith: "Smith said the company will expand west next year with a new store in Cookeville." So I guess it'll be Food City.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 06-18-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
I was having a discussion with someone about what grocery store was going to be in this shopping center: Food City or Kroger? He showed me this article from December in the Chattanooga Times-Free Press that quotes Food City President and CEO Steve Smith: "Smith said the company will expand west next year with a new store in Cookeville." So I guess it'll be Food City.
The developers have been linked to Food City. Someone I ran into stated they would be behind a Food City project in Baxter as well. The Baxter project had a ton of moving parts.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

Old 06-26-2019, 06:36 AM

It looks like we'll have to wait a bit longer to find out what stores will be coming to this development. The developers have been granted more time to work out the details on improving 10th Street in front of the development.

https://newstalk941.com/east-10th-st...ted-extension/

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 12-14-2019, 06:08 AM

Shopping center up for final extension | Herald Citizen

Old 12-14-2019, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
If I read that correctly, the developers are having a hard time figuring out how to pay to widen 10th Street and still make money building the shopping center. If they can't work it out, it looks like the neighbors will get their way. I wonder if Food City has any other locations around Cookeville that would work for them if this one fizzles out. Maybe the fairgrounds? Or the old stockyard on Jefferson?

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 12-15-2019, 07:08 PM

303 posts, read 295,198 times
I have a feeling this isn't going to get built. Ah well. That said, I was told recently that the county is discussing moving the bus garage and hwy dept out of Veterans Dr to allow for a bigger retail space at the old stockyard location. I was also told that the fairgrounds property is going to be retail once the fairgrounds moves. Fun times ahead.

Old 06-26-2020, 01:26 PM

It looks like this project isn't dead after all. A new, "well funded" development group has taken over the project and will build this in phases which was approved by the city's industrial development board this week.

“Phase I will be a large grocery store,” [Cookeville’s Industrial Development Board Vice Chair Jim] Martin said. “Phase I was to come in and develop that first along with appropriate parking. Then Phase II is to add on or develop around the grocery chain, some office space and other assorted retail stores.”

The new group is prepared to make a $16 million dollar investment that will bring in 80 full-time and 90 part-time jobs. Martin said the Board’s action was the first step for the new group, but more work has to be done.

Read more here:
https://newstalk941.com/10th-street-...new-developer/

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 06-26-2020 at 01:53 PM..

Old 06-27-2020, 01:42 PM
JRR

8,165 posts, read 5,659,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
It looks like this project isn't dead after all. A new, "well funded" development group has taken over the project and will build this in phases which was approved by the city's industrial development board this week.

“Phase I will be a large grocery store,” [Cookeville’s Industrial Development Board Vice Chair Jim] Martin said. “Phase I was to come in and develop that first along with appropriate parking. Then Phase II is to add on or develop around the grocery chain, some office space and other assorted retail stores.”

The new group is prepared to make a $16 million dollar investment that will bring in 80 full-time and 90 part-time jobs. Martin said the Board’s action was the first step for the new group, but more work has to be done.

Read more here:
https://newstalk941.com/10th-street-...new-developer/
I know that the people who live in that immediate area won't be happy to hear about this. But for us in Algood, it will be nice to have a grocery nearby other than Walmart. If it is a Food City, I have never been to one. But even if it isn't our go-to grocery store, it would be nice for a quick run to grab a couple of things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville