Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 08:48 AM

13,361 posts, read 40,027,982 times

Advertisements

COOKEVILLE, Tenn. and LOS ANGELES, Calif. – When Jake Hoot stepped out on the darkened stage, it was a different experience.

Sure, he had been on numerous stages over the years, whether it was the turf at Tennessee Tech's Tucker Stadium, the stage at The Backdoor Playhouse on campus or concert setups throughout the Upper Cumberland.

But this was new. As he entered the sound stage to compete on NBC's The Voice, the environment was solemn, quiet.

Hoot readied his guitar and started to play.

Jake Hoot came to Cookeville and Tennessee Tech in 2009, looking for an opportunity to play football. He hadn't played organized ball as he grew up the son of traveling missionaries.

"Tennessee Tech, Cookeville, Putnam County – everybody's kind of taken me in as their own. That's been the most special thing to help push me along. That's why I still live here. A lot of people, not everybody, but a lot think when they graduate, they're going to up and leave. I was one of those people until I got to know everybody around here, got to know the area. It's just a great place to live."

It's a common thread from so many people around the community and campus, but Cookeville, once you're there for any length of time, it becomes home.

"It is home – absolutely," Hoot said. "I tell everybody. They ask me where I'm from and I say Cookeville. I was born in Corpus Christi, Texas. We moved to Oklahoma City, and we moved to Haiti before moving to the Dominican, but if there's one place I'd call home, it's Cookeville. There's no question about it."

Read more about this amazing young man here:
https://www.ttusports.com/sports/fba...qkmnqHySkFHG9k

https://www.ttusports.com/sports/fba...oot_banner.jpg
shared with permission

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by Beretta; 10-09-2019 at 08:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2019, 09:24 AM

44 posts, read 42,337 times
I saw him on there. He was amazing! So glad Kelly Clarkson picked him!

Old 10-09-2019, 07:38 PM

119 posts, read 207,958 times
I agree!!!

Old 10-11-2019, 06:06 AM

Red Silo Brewery downtown is going to host a free outdoor concert with Jake Hoot starting at 8pm tonight. 1st Street will be closed starting at 4pm to get ready for the concert. Should be a lot of fun.

Hoot concert Friday, West 1st Street to close | Herald Citizen

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 10-11-2019, 03:54 PM

44 posts, read 42,337 times
Wish I was there already!

Old 11-06-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frannybu View Post
Wish I was there already!
It was a great concert! A few hundred people were crammed onto 1st Street outside Red Silo Brewery for a good concert. Wonderful community spirit.

Jake has made it past the next couple of rounds and is now in the part of The Voice where the contestants perform live and are voted by the general public. TTU is hosting a viewing party in the basketball arena (Hooper Eblen Center) for the next round this Monday at 7pm, doors open at 6:30. It'll be a lot of fun to cheer him on with others in the community.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 11-16-2019, 10:08 AM

Jake knocked it out of the park with his rendition of Reba McEntire's "You Lie" Monday night. He made it to the next round which will be broadcast this Monday night. Tennessee Tech will again host a live viewing in the Hoop, doors opening at 6:30 for the 7pm show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBequw4Ikjw

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 11-29-2019, 09:20 AM

Cookeville musician Jake Hoot has secured his spot in “The Voice” Top 10 with an acclaimed performance of Trace Adkins’ “Every Light in the House is On.” Hoot’s song was the most streamed in the competition for the second consecutive week.

Hoot’s coach, Kelly Clarkson, remarked during their coaching session, “You have such a huge fan base,” referring to the Team Hoot – Fan Group Page of Jake Hoot that now totals almost 28,000 members.

“There’s such a light about you, and that’s why not only me and the rest of the coaches but America is just falling in love with you,” Clarkson continued. “You’re the nicest guy. You’re such a star.”

Clarkson went on to call Hoot “a magical country cowboy unicorn.”

[This] Monday’s “Official Watch Party” will be held at The Edge at Life Church, 2223 N. Washington Ave. in Cookeville. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m., and the party continues until 9 p.m., with #teamhoot shirts,#teamhoot tumblers, #teamhoot window decals and #teamhoot bracelets available to purchase, with the money donated to Upper Cumberland Habitat for Humanity, Cookeville Rescue Mission and the Nicaraguan Mission Bus Project that Hoot is affiliated with.

Watch Party organizers are asking fans to come dressed Monday night as a unicorn since the unicorn craze has taken hold and say, “Let’s show America what it means to be #hometown in the Upper Cumberland!”

Read more here:
Hoot makes Voice Top 10 | UCBJ - Upper Cumberland Business Journal

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 12-12-2019, 05:28 AM

Jake Hoot is now in the final four on The Voice. There's a nice write-up about him in Parade, calling him "the one to beat."

The whole Voice experience has been quite a ride for the 31-year-old from Cookeville, Tenn., who received an invitation for a private audition, which he assumed was fake. It was until he was flown out to L.A. that he realized it wasn’t a joke.

And then on night one of the Live Shows, Hoot performed Loggins & Messina’s “Danny’s Song,” which he dedicated it to his 4-year-old daughter, Macy, and he couldn’t hold back the emotions from the roller coast ride any longer.

“It was heart-wrenching,” he recalls. ‘I saw her before I walked out to sing and that made me tear up, so I had to tell myself not to look at her anymore the rest of the performance. Then, of course, when the coaches were talking, I looked back out there and she was reaching for me, and that made me break down. It was definitely great having her there.”

“Back home [Cookeville], there is already so much support and outpouring of love, it has already changed a lot,” he says. “I think the deeper I go, the better it gets. Ultimately why I got into to it, is to provide better for Macy. If I can do that, I will be happy.”

Read more here:

https://parade.com/963952/pauletteco...9JT2W1zYalLf3c

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 12-18-2019, 08:36 AM

1,116 posts, read 1,615,779 times
He won it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
View detailed profiles of: