Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2020, 06:10 PM

13,355 posts, read 39,979,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhaupt View Post
Can I ask for opinions on comparing Cookeville/Crossville area to Tellico Village TN? We are in our 50s, husband is retired military who loves to golf, and we are both very social/active. I do want to be close to restaurants/things to do and not more than 30-45 minutes from an airport (will be flying a lot to visit the grandchildren). I'm hoping I really do "adjust" to the humidity as people have been saying (I'm from So Cal). We also don't want to be in an area that has high HOA fees as I've been there and done that!

We are looking at moving in the Spring and thinking of renting in the Knoxville area just to try to figure out where we want to buy eventually. And hoping the housing market settles down!

Thanks for any help you can give.
If you don't want to be more than 45 minutes from an airport, then Tellico Village is your best choice as it's only 35 minutes from the Knoxville airport. Cookeville is an hour from the Nashville airport, and Crossville is an hour from the Knoxville airport and 90 minutes from the Nashville airport.

For more questions about Tellico Village, please visit this thread where there's a wealth of information:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/knox...er-thread.html

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2020, 08:36 PM

137 posts, read 120,718 times
Do check out Tellico Village. We preferred being near Cookeville because it is a college town, good restaurants, and only an hour from Nashville (much cheaper flights to SoCal via Southwest airlines) than Knoxville(airfare is wayyyy higher than SWA). I recall you don’t want steep land and neither did we. Sparta is more flat than Cookeville and Crossville so our property has all walkable land but we are more than 45 min to the airport. If hubby likes to golf, Crossville is also an area to look at that is not too far from the Knoxville area and is a higher elevation so less humidity with some area with flatter lands. You’ll definitely have to adjust to humidity but it can be done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville