Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 06:52 AM

4 posts, read 19,042 times

Advertisements

i currently live in north georgia and was planning to move to crossville to be with my dad. i am looking for these items to make my move perfect. at least 2 acres( i have a mini farm), a jewish synogogue( i am jewish) and easy access to georgia since i will still have work in cedartown, rome calhoun..( my job has me travel) and easy access to s. carolina( my kid goes to college there). perhaps the out areas of chattanooga are more appropriate or maybe the kingston area? can any one help with advise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 07:31 AM

869 posts, read 1,785,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickitfarms View Post
i currently live in north georgia and was planning to move to crossville to be with my dad. i am looking for these items to make my move perfect. at least 2 acres( i have a mini farm), a jewish synogogue( i am jewish) and easy access to georgia since i will still have work in cedartown, rome calhoun..( my job has me travel) and easy access to s. carolina( my kid goes to college there). perhaps the out areas of chattanooga are more appropriate or maybe the kingston area? can any one help with advise?
Have a condo in the area, visit a few times/yr. Can tell you there is no synagogue in Crossville. I believe the temple in Cookeville has services there, at the train depot I think, 1-2/month.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:33 AM
Eat

303 posts, read 1,141,628 times
I'm pretty sure Knoxville has a synagogue, so Kingston would be OK. The drive to Georgia would be a little longer than the Loudon County area, where I am, and which you might also consider. It's about an hour to the Georgia line from here, straight down I-75. Crossville is about 55 minutes, via Kingston. Knoxville is 30 to 45 minutes, depending upon which part you are going to.

From Kingston, knock twenty minutes off of the drive to Crossville. Add about the same to Georgia. No real difference to Knoxville.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:05 PM

445 posts, read 1,682,554 times
Default Jewish Community

Is a kosher store a necessity? I know there is a restaurant now in Crossville that serves Jewish style food on Friday nights..

the Upper Cumberland Jewish Community now has a listing in the Crossville Chronicle. They meet twice a month for Shabbos and meet for holidays and have nice events.

It is definitely growing.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:21 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,507,453 times
Jewish style food don't mean to make lite of the topic.............
But what is Jewish style food...... Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner just curious I have had certain items over the years, "But" have forgotten the names..... One item was a 7 day or layer cake made in the refrigerator. Does that sound correct?

Old 05-08-2008, 05:13 AM

Default Not sure about the 7 layer cake

I can see where it might be Jewish style food though, 7 layers for the 7 days of the week maybe on the Sabbath G-d rested.. hmmm a stretch but never heard of that one ,Tinman.

I believe this is more chicken soup, brisket, challah for the bread.
If anyone is interested in the name of the restaurant, I can get that info. for you.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:53 AM

851 posts, read 2,457,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickitfarms View Post
Crossville, I believe is quite a ways away from Chattanooga and South Carolina. Does your Dad live in Crossville?

Old 05-08-2008, 05:40 PM

Smile Info Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbied View Post
I can see where it might be Jewish style food though, 7 layers for the 7 days of the week maybe on the Sabbath G-d rested.. hmmm a stretch but never heard of that one ,Tinman.

I believe this is more chicken soup, brisket, challah for the bread.
If anyone is interested in the name of the restaurant, I can get that info. for you.
Please let me know where this place is...

Old 05-11-2008, 09:24 AM

Default tinman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman313 View Post
Please let me know where this place is...

I deleted the info but checking with my "sources" and will have the answer posted soon.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:42 PM

Smile checking with my "sources"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbied View Post
I deleted the info but checking with my "sources" and will have the answer posted soon.
I cannot wait........ I hungry now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville