Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2020, 10:58 AM

111 posts, read 136,601 times

Advertisements

I'm surprised the vote passed in a 2:1 fashion, in 2010 Algood voted against by 54%. Definitely signals a change in the electorate. It will be interesting to see what developments come of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2020, 10:40 AM

303 posts, read 294,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcat123 View Post
I'm surprised the vote passed in a 2:1 fashion, in 2010 Algood voted against by 54%. Definitely signals a change in the electorate. It will be interesting to see what developments come of this.

I live in Algood. I voted yes, but I doubt we will get too much considering everything is in Cookeville already. I think this may benefit Pueblo Viejo, but who knows. Even Keith Morrison said the goal is to get family friendly establishments so hopefully they would keep any straight bars to a minimum.

Old 01-13-2021, 06:45 AM

Quote:
I live in Algood. I voted yes, but I doubt we will get too much considering everything is in Cookeville already. I think this may benefit Pueblo Viejo, but who knows. Even Keith Morrison said the goal is to get family friendly establishments so hopefully they would keep any straight bars to a minimum.
At least it won't be an inhibitor or a deterrent to any future restaurants/establishments that might want to set up in Algood in the future. I definitely agree with the sentiment of family friendly places.

https://newstalk941.com/algood-liquo...inance-passes/

The latest on this development.

Old 01-14-2021, 09:35 AM

13,350 posts, read 39,946,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcat123 View Post
At least it won't be an inhibitor or a deterrent to any future restaurants/establishments that might want to set up in Algood in the future. I definitely agree with the sentiment of family friendly places.

https://newstalk941.com/algood-liquo...inance-passes/

The latest on this development.
All of that land behind Speedway and Zaxby's has sold, and I wonder if at least part of it will be developed for a restaurant that will serve liquor by the drink. While I'm sure such a restaurant will be part of the new shopping center going in on the other side of Hwy 111 in Cookeville, I could also see something like that in Algood. That Northeast Cookeville/Algood quadrant is really poised for a lot of growth.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 01-18-2021, 08:52 PM

730 posts, read 813,780 times
I've heard that the people who bought the land in Algood behind Zaxby's/Taco Bell/McDonald's/Speedway are the same people who own Fiesta Cancun.

Old 01-19-2021, 09:07 AM

303 posts, read 294,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
All of that land behind Speedway and Zaxby's has sold, and I wonder if at least part of it will be developed for a restaurant that will serve liquor by the drink. While I'm sure such a restaurant will be part of the new shopping center going in on the other side of Hwy 111 in Cookeville, I could also see something like that in Algood. That Northeast Cookeville/Algood quadrant is really poised for a lot of growth.

Part of that land is supposed to be for a driveway around to Walmart. I wasn't sure about something else going there as well, but a look at the aerial map makes it look like enough room for something at least.

Old 01-30-2021, 03:55 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,606,842 times
From Jighead:

Jighead Pub and Wood Fire Pizza will open soon in Algood featuring wood fire pizzas, al fresco dining, wine, cocktails, and of course Jighead Beer in a cozy, comfortable, family friendly pub atmosphere! The menu will feature wood fire pizzas and paninis, salads, and snacks, all using the finest ingredients to make our house pizza dough and classic Neapolitan style pizza sauce. It will be located at 114 West Main Street in the heart of up-and-coming downtown Allgood. Thanks for you interest! We don't have an opening date yet.

Old 01-30-2021, 04:34 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,946,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
From Jighead:

Jighead Pub and Wood Fire Pizza will open soon in Algood featuring wood fire pizzas, al fresco dining, wine, cocktails, and of course Jighead Beer in a cozy, comfortable, family friendly pub atmosphere! The menu will feature wood fire pizzas and paninis, salads, and snacks, all using the finest ingredients to make our house pizza dough and classic Neapolitan style pizza sauce. It will be located at 114 West Main Street in the heart of up-and-coming downtown Allgood. Thanks for you interest! We don't have an opening date yet.
Wow, that didn't take long! This makes me very happy for Algood and for Jighead. One question, though: this location is directly across the street from a church, so how can they serve wine and cocktails? Anyway, I assume they've done their homework and know what they're doing. I'm excited to see how they'll transform what is now a very nondescript building into a pub and gourmet pizza joint. This will be a very good thing for downtown Algood.

Here's the building:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/11...!4d-85.4485575

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 01-30-2021 at 07:22 PM..

Old 01-30-2021, 06:56 PM

39,865 posts, read 26,492,827 times
I'm sorry to ask, but what does "liquor by the drink" mean? The links really didn't go into any detail. Isn't that what every bar does now? Is this "to go" or something different?

Old 01-30-2021, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I'm sorry to ask, but what does "liquor by the drink" mean? The links really didn't go into any detail. Isn't that what every bar does now? Is this "to go" or something different?
You are correct, however Algood(pop ~3500) does not have any bars and it was not legal to serve alcohol in restaurants. Votes have come up every so often in the past to make it legal and historically it lost pretty heavily.

Thankfully in 2020 the fine citizens of Algood have reversed that law (there was a lot of campaigning this time from both sides for and against) and now we have this awesome new brewery/pizza place opening!!!! This is so exciting and Im so glad they are building on the downtown Algood momentum ♥️.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville