U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2021, 07:43 AM

12,604 posts, read 35,191,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Dragonfly View Post
Thank you, JMT. I value your opinion.
Your balanced and objective views on the area helped me with the decision to move here 10 years ago
and I never regretted it.

Now I wonder if this is an investment group trying to buy as many houses in the area as they can because the exodus just started and there is a lot of money to be made.

From what I read: TN, TX and AZ were the top 3 destinations to move for people fleeing big cities. I think many will scratch Texas off of their list after this winter.
Thank you, Zen! I enjoy talking about my adopted hometown. I'm glad you're loving life on the plateau.

And you're right that TN is a top destination. U-Haul said that TN is the top destination for its trucks and vans and that Cookeville is one of the top destinations within Tennessee. At any given time there are a couple hundred houses under construction in Putnam County. California is one of the states with the largest increase of people moving to Tennessee.

https://www.uhaul.com/Articles/About...ration-Growth/

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 02-26-2021 at 08:56 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2021, 08:46 AM
JRR

5,593 posts, read 3,270,182 times
Here in Brookside subdivision in Algood, a house went on the market due to the death of the owner. I figured it would be on the market for a week or so; offer over asking price came in on the third day.

Old 02-26-2021, 01:44 PM

837 posts, read 1,464,222 times
The markets are going crazy all over. Here in the Charlotte suburbs, a neighbor who is a RE agent showed us a house on our neighborhood Facebook page whose listing would be going live in 3 days. By the time the listing went live, they have 5 offers and were sold over asking price. She spent hundreds on a photographer and it wasn't needed. There's just no inventory, glad we bought 2 years ago.

Old 03-08-2021, 09:52 PM

254 posts, read 427,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treehouse21 View Post
One of the letter solicitations was from Texas and gave me a dollar offer in the mail for 4 undeveloped acres I have. They claim they will pay all sale expenses to boot. I have no intention of selling. These sight unseen offers are telling of the stats these investors are looking at.
Yep, I received another letter today, also from Texas, with an offer for half of my land. Plot thickens

Old 03-09-2021, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Dragonfly View Post
Yep, I received another letter today, also from Texas, with an offer for half of my land. Plot thickens
Yup. I got another letter last week from a local realtor begging me to let her sell my house. She even sweetened the pot by including a magnetic calendar to put on my fridge. I'm still not interested, but I do feel sorry for the realtors who are having a hard time finding houses for all their clients.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 03-09-2021 at 10:17 AM..

Old 03-09-2021, 02:18 PM

27,248 posts, read 24,482,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Yup. I got another letter last week from a local realtor begging me to let her sell my house. She even sweetened the pot by including a magnetic calendar to put on my fridge. I'm still not interested, but I do feel sorry for the realtors who are having a hard time finding houses for all their clients.
Wow. And you passed that up?

Old 03-09-2021, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Wow. And you passed that up?
Haha What was I thinking? But I do wonder just how much further they'll be willing to go. And, honestly, there's nothing special about my house. It's both perplexing and amusing that realtors are trying to get me to put my house on the market.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 03-09-2021, 09:06 PM

436 posts, read 1,426,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treehouse21 View Post
One of the letter solicitations was from Texas and gave me a dollar offer in the mail for 4 undeveloped acres I have. They claim they will pay all sale expenses to boot. I have no intention of selling. These sight un seen offers are telling of the stats these investors are looking at.
I had some undeveloped land in neighboring Alabama that I sold a couple of years ago. I am STILL getting mail solicitations from out of state firms (mainly Texas, but as far away as Wyoming), offering me less than 30% of what I actually sold the land for. And telling me what a good deal that would be for me. SMH

Old 03-10-2021, 06:26 AM

A realtor friend of mine posted that she put a house on the market Friday. There was an open house over the weekend. Sixty people came to the open house, and 18 put an offer on the house. So yeah it's easy to see why realtors are scrambling to find homes to sell and why there are new subdivisions springing up all over the countryside, and formerly vacant lots in town now have new homes.

And it's not just inexpensive homes that are selling quickly. Here are some pretty luxurious homes that have sold over the last few weeks--and remember, winter is usually the slow season for realtors.

$1.3 million country estate
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3...66614955_zpid/

$1.24 million country estate
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4...81223828_zpid/

$900k lakehouse estate
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...66929597_zpid/

$872k lakeside retreat
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...41231610_zpid/

$715k gentleman's farm
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...41983873_zpid/

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 03-10-2021, 07:41 AM

928 posts, read 1,086,672 times
Also likely a sign of realtor saturation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville