Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 05:59 PM
B-2 B-2 started this thread

57 posts, read 175,568 times

Advertisements

Ok you nice people out there tell me about the area out on Cherry Creek Road SE of Cookeville TN. Looks like it is mosty farm land , flat with Mountain views. Very few mobile homes or rough looking places?

Thank You,
B-2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 07:04 PM
D&R

14 posts, read 47,559 times
Its been awhile since I was in that area. But, your right it is (or aleast was) mostly farm land. Nice area.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:35 PM

421 posts, read 1,690,556 times
It is a nice area.
There used to be a very small mobile home park at the corner of Cherry Creek Rd. and Phifer Mtn. Rd.(just off hwy. 70) but I believe they are in the process of moving what few that are left out. They may already be gone.

Other than that very beautiful. Road goes into White County about 3-4 miles off of hwy. 70.

firepower

Old 02-26-2009, 09:47 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
The county's alternative school is also located right off Cherry Creek Road. Its principal is an old friend of mine.

I looooove that part of Putnam County. Cherry Creek Road is one of the most beautiful roads around, same goes for Hwy 70 and Phifer Mountain Road. There used to be a very nice furniture shop down Cherry Creek Road, a small mom-and-pop place that made its own furniture using cherry wood grown right there on their farm. I'm not sure if it's still there or not.

At any rate, yes that is a VERY desirable area, in my opinion. And it's only a few miles from I-40, and so far the big beautiful farms haven't been subdivided and developed.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:03 AM

36,494 posts, read 30,827,524 times
I have to agree. Of all the locations you have asked about B-2, Cherry Creek is the nicest area.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:32 PM

I really like the views in the area, flat with Mountain Views (Big Hills As per JMT) . Good place to build a house close to town. I will need to come there take a look around. I sure did miss the boat by not going and looking around SE of Cookeville. After working for the U.S.A.F. for 35 years I'm going to need a little piece of land in TN and that great view.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:25 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-2 View Post
I really like the views in the area, flat with Mountain Views (Big Hills As per JMT) . Good place to build a house close to town. I will need to come there take a look around. I sure did miss the boat by not going and looking around SE of Cookeville. After working for the U.S.A.F. for 35 years I'm going to need a little piece of land in TN and that great view.
If/when I ever get to live in Cookeville, the Cherry Creek/Dry Valley area is definitely on my list of places to investigate. It is absolutely gorgeous, and it definitely has the mountain (big hill) views you want while still being just a few minutes from town.

Let us know how it goes for you. Good luck!

Old 03-03-2009, 12:23 PM
D&R

14 posts, read 47,559 times
Here are a few pics of the property. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Cookeville Tn Cherry Creek Road Area?-2009_0303cherrytcreek0001.jpg   Cookeville Tn Cherry Creek Road Area?-2009_0303cherrytcreek0005.jpg   Cookeville Tn Cherry Creek Road Area?-2009_0303cherrytcreek0006.jpg  

Old 03-03-2009, 05:40 PM

Thank you for going out of your way to take pictures & for the DM reply.
B-2

Old 06-27-2009, 09:11 AM

1 posts, read 3,737 times
Unhappy New building codes

Be very, very careful. The building codes are NOT enforced in the Cookeville area. Make sure you get a home inspector BEFORE you buy! Purchased a new house and made the mistake of not having it inspected before, but within the warranty time-but the Codes Department has NO authority to enforce the Codes...??? Can you believe it? Their advice is to get an Attorney. So you not only pay for the new house, but you have to pay again to have the work corrected. Haven't yet figured out why the Codes department people are paid, if they can't enforce their own rules.....Interestingly our house was inspected by the Codes department and approved before move in....Be very, very careful! Don't believe their words-make sure the codes are followed BEFORE you sign the final paperwork!!!! Don't trust the real estate agents-they don't know the codes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
View detailed profiles of: