Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2008, 09:31 PM

235 posts, read 770,297 times

Advertisements

Hi yall,or sould I say youguys!!!

We got back from Cookeville,&surrounding areas. Just to drop a note we ,like what we saw,friendly ppl,good food,interesting places!!

Now we're back home,WHERE,we have all this flat land,hmm...,had to ride the last of Gustiv out. JUst lite wind &alot of rain!!!!
Mywife &I have been talking aboutwhats the next step,and coming back &checking on some other things!!

Well thanks again for the help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 11:39 PM

634 posts, read 1,416,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernfried View Post
Hi yall,or sould I say youguys!!!

We got back from Cookeville,&surrounding areas. Just to drop a note we ,like what we saw,friendly ppl,good food,interesting places!!

Now we're back home,WHERE,we have all this flat land,hmm...,had to ride the last of Gustiv out. JUst lite wind &alot of rain!!!!
Mywife &I have been talking aboutwhats the next step,and coming back &checking on some other things!!

Well thanks again for the help!!!

Y'all is correct, thats exactly how we tawk here

Glad Y'all liked the area, y'all come back now,, ya hear

Old 09-03-2008, 04:59 PM

24,772 posts, read 28,408,739 times
Did you get to the dounut shop?

Old 09-03-2008, 09:36 PM

235 posts, read 770,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman313 View Post
Did you get to the dounut shop?

No,we didn't have time ,there is only some many things you can do with the time you have. But we did see were it is,found most of the places that JMT had listed.Thanks it was helpful.We are going to make next time !!

We picked up a Herald-Citizen,really nice newspaper,some realistate brochures.Just got to see if we can sell our home here ,before we go to the next step!! Also gotta find a job up there or some where near.

Oh yah RS1080 just wanted to see if that is what ya say,cause we heared YouGuys all over the place.I think it must be the other implantes!

Old 09-03-2008, 09:39 PM

13,337 posts, read 39,771,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernfried View Post
No,we didn't have time ,there is only some many things you can do with the time you have. But we did see were it is,found most of the places that JMT had listed.Thanks it was helpful.We are going to make next time !!

We picked up a Herald-Citizen,really nice newspaper,some realistate brochures.Just got to see if we can sell our home here ,before we go to the next step!! Also gotta find a job up there or some where near.

Oh yah RS1080 just wanted to see if that is what ya say,cause we heared YouGuys all over the place.I think it must be the other implantes!
I hope you can make it back and get to Ralph's Donuts! I'm sitting here drooling just thinking about it.

One thing I noticed that people say around Cookeville and the Cumberland Plateau: you'uns. Of course people also say y'all, but I've heard a lot of people on the Plateau say you'uns in addition to y'all.

I hope you can sell your place in Mississippi and find a job in Cookeville! A bunch of us will be crossing our fingers for you.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:39 PM

3 posts, read 7,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
I hope you can make it back and get to Ralph's Donuts! I'm sitting here drooling just thinking about it.

One thing I noticed that people say around Cookeville and the Cumberland Plateau: you'uns. Of course people also say y'all, but I've heard a lot of people on the Plateau say you'uns in addition to y'all.

I hope you can sell your place in Mississippi and find a job in Cookeville! A bunch of us will be crossing our fingers for you.
Only the "high-flutin' people say "you'uns". I'm originally from East TN and the correct way to pronounce it is "yuns" (rhymes with buns).

Old 09-06-2008, 11:43 PM

634 posts, read 1,416,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glock View Post
Only the "high-flutin' people say "you'uns". I'm originally from East TN and the ***correct way to pronounce it is "yuns" (rhymes with buns).***

Thanks, you said it right

When our group meets up yonder in MI each spring...... I just don't see nary one of 'em chewin' any baccer up der. They do ask us if we brought any white lightnin' though.We musta been kindly famous fer'it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
View detailed profiles of: