Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 12:43 PM

15 posts, read 95,653 times

Advertisements

Hello all ! It's Tim again.

I'm still doing lots of research & it seems I have narrowed down my choice to Cookeville.

Not being there, it brings up the question of housing. Initially, it will be just me. The family will come down in a few months. I will need temporary housing until I get situated. Any ideas ?

Here in Ohio, you can rent clean furnished sleeping rooms by the week. Some in private homes & others in motels. One thing I don't want is to be in a crappy place where I have to watch my back or be around a bunch of druggies. I will be bringing very little with me in the way of furnishings.

I'd leave today if I knew I had a place to lay my head until I get situated.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2007, 01:57 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,946,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtoshow View Post
Hello all ! It's Tim again.

I'm still doing lots of research & it seems I have narrowed down my choice to Cookeville.

Not being there, it brings up the question of housing. Initially, it will be just me. The family will come down in a few months. I will need temporary housing until I get situated. Any ideas ?

Here in Ohio, you can rent clean furnished sleeping rooms by the week. Some in private homes & others in motels. One thing I don't want is to be in a crappy place where I have to watch my back or be around a bunch of druggies. I will be bringing very little with me in the way of furnishings.

I'd leave today if I knew I had a place to lay my head until I get situated.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Your best bet is probably going to be looking at the classifieds in the local paper, the Herald-Citizen. There are people who rent rooms in their homes, there are also a ton of furnished apartments and rooms near the university. I did a quick check today and saw 5 ads for furnished rooms for rent and a few dozen ads for apartments for rent. Some of the rooms are in motels that have been converted into extended-stay rooms for something like $120/week.

Good luck!

Last edited by JMT; 02-11-2007 at 02:45 PM..

Old 02-11-2007, 02:31 PM

60 posts, read 308,601 times
Soard Properties and Gaw Properties rent apartments in Cookeville. They arent the only ones, but they are the biggest and might have the most availability. Chelsea Place, Saxony, and Putnam House are also pretty nice places. It depends on what you want to spend. You can usually rent a duplex or small house for a pretty reasonable amound. Be careful about getting TOO close to the University, since it can be a little noisy. Nothing bad, just college students everywhere. You can view our local paper online at www.herald-citizen.com. Look at the classified section.

Welcome! I would suggest your family tie into a local church. That´s one of the best ways to get to know people and to develop a support network.

Old 02-11-2007, 05:21 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,946,186 times
I know of a couple of old motels in Cookeville that rent rooms by the week: Park Place out on East Spring just east of downtown, the Southern Motel on West Broad near Echo Valley, and I think the Eastwood Inn also does that, it's also on East Spring but a couple of miles east of downtown.

Old 02-11-2007, 10:43 PM

421 posts, read 1,690,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
I know of a couple of old motels in Cookeville that rent rooms by the week: Park Place out on East Spring just east of downtown, the Southern Motel on West Broad near Echo Valley, and I think the Eastwood Inn also does that, it's also on East Spring but a couple of miles east of downtown.
And I know Winona Motel rents like that.That's also on East Spring,about a 1/2 mile off I-40 290 exit.
If your at the 290 exit,check the Alpine Lodge.They may rent rooms by the week too,not sure...

firepower

Old 03-05-2012, 02:10 AM

1 posts, read 7,181 times
Family of four, victims of Fridays tornado. In need of temporary furnished apartment.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:53 AM

3 posts, read 9,541 times
Default Temporary Housing

We are soon to be relocating to Cookeville and my husband found a very nice place in Algood on Wall Street that has short-term lease units available for a very reasonable rate. Fully furnished with laundry facilities onsite. This one is just a studio (2 rooms + bath), but it is immaculate and I understand they have a variety larger units.

I don't know my way around just yet, but when I visited, it only took about 10 minutes to get to anywhere in Cookeville we wanted to be.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:33 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firepower View Post
And I know Winona Motel rents like that.That's also on East Spring,about a 1/2 mile off I-40 290 exit.
If your at the 290 exit,check the Alpine Lodge.They may rent rooms by the week too,not sure...

firepower
Im not so sure I would want to stay at the Winona.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:35 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimlessamos View Post
We are soon to be relocating to Cookeville and my husband found a very nice place in Algood on Wall Street that has short-term lease units available for a very reasonable rate. Fully furnished with laundry facilities onsite. This one is just a studio (2 rooms + bath), but it is immaculate and I understand they have a variety larger units.

I don't know my way around just yet, but when I visited, it only took about 10 minutes to get to anywhere in Cookeville we wanted to be.
Algood is pretty much Cookeville as far as proximity to everything. It is a nice, small, quiet place but very close to everything.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:05 AM

38 posts, read 161,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimlessamos View Post
We are soon to be relocating to Cookeville and my husband found a very nice place in Algood on Wall Street that has short-term lease units available for a very reasonable rate.
Please provide contact information for this short-term (furnished) lease opportunity in Algood.

If they have a website, that would be a good start. If not, any additional data are appreciated (e.g., price, amenities provided, broadband-internet capability, etc.)

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
View detailed profiles of: