Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 12:31 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,682,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdavis View Post
Fairfield Glade and Tansi are resort area, they do not allow mobil homes, I do not know of any mobil home lots, however there are manufactured throughout the area on lots and acreage
I think there is an area in FFG that allows mobile/manufactured homes. It is North of Peavine Road and West of Stonehenge. Whether or not it is full I cannot tell you.

My wife and I were there last summer and a realtor (actually two) told us about it.

An addition from City Data page for FFG:

Housing units in structures:
  • One, detached: 2,502
  • One, attached: 171
  • Two: 72
  • 3 or 4: 9
  • 5 to 9: 40
  • 10 to 19: 115
  • 50 or more: 10
  • Mobile homes: 168
Median worth of mobile homes: $52,300

City says there are 168 mobile homes in FFG!

NOTE: I am not associated with the companies or sites listed below. These are for reference only, no solicitation is asked for or expected.

And here is a lot for sale that clearly states "Water Available/ Paved road/ Moble Homes Are Allowed"

http://tinyurl.com/2go6yr (broken link)

In fact if you look here you'll see more than one. Search the page for mobile.

http://tinyurl.com/ytgo6x (broken link)

Last edited by Tek_Freek; 04-24-2007 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: Added information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2007, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 3,787 times
Used the link to 'RetireTennessee.org. Filled in the required info to request Literature. Clicked on submit and got an error message. Can not show page. Tried several times. What's up with that?

Old 03-26-2009, 08:51 AM

2 posts, read 6,967 times
im in the process of moving to crossville as well. i have a 3 year old daughter and am i need of help finding a job and daycare...can anyone help??? i currently live in northern kentucky and hopefully will be in crossville by the end of april. i would love if someone could direct me in some way since i have no idea about the city or anything around it. im going to leave my email address if someone wants to throw some advice my way... THANKS! mawilson84@aol.com

Old 03-26-2009, 09:26 AM

13,350 posts, read 39,946,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baker123 View Post
im in the process of moving to crossville as well. i have a 3 year old daughter and am i need of help finding a job and daycare...can anyone help??? i currently live in northern kentucky and hopefully will be in crossville by the end of april. i would love if someone could direct me in some way since i have no idea about the city or anything around it. im going to leave my email address if someone wants to throw some advice my way... THANKS! mawilson84@aol.com
The unemployment rate in Cumberland County (Crossville) is over 12%. What kind of job do you need? And out of curiosity, why are you moving to a town that you know nothing about?

Old 03-27-2009, 09:37 AM

2 posts, read 6,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
The unemployment rate in Cumberland County (Crossville) is over 12%. What kind of job do you need? And out of curiosity, why are you moving to a town that you know nothing about?
the reason for the move is my fiancee owns a home there and he currently is in active duty in the Army and will be deploying soon to Iraq. (he is stationed out west) im moving to Crossville to take care of the house and property. Im an artist with a strong passion for design so I was hoping to find something along those lines but as we all know employment is rough right now and since Im not there I was hoping a "local" could point me in some direction. At this point Ill work anywhere that will hire me. Im really young (24) and have a little one to care for. So if you have any advice...Im ALL ears...

Old 03-27-2009, 02:46 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,512,977 times
Default Mobil homes

Quote:
Originally Posted by k davis View Post
Fairfield Glade and Tansi are resort area, they do not allow Mobil homes, I do not know of any Mobil home lots, however there are manufactured throughout the area on lots and acreage
Yes to both places. FFG has as small section of older single & double wides right next door to a golf course Stonehenge about 50 units. Off of Peavine Rd... Stonehenge Dr >> then look for Cross Ln the 4-5-6 streets north of that have mobiles. Then on the NE side of FFG all most at the end of Peavine road is Westchester Road big sign "Stables" heading down that road towards Dorchester Country Club about a mile or less is a place called " Preston Woods" mostly double wides. Across from Dorchester Country Club several street in that area... Prestonwood Court
Very Very Nice less than a acer.....
Lake Tansi have numerous places with manufactured homes single wide & double wide..... some just drop dead gorgeous ones on Lantana ( 101 ) heading south towards (30) and Falls Creek Falls and 1-20 acer....... I see some really nice manufactured homes and I also see some real dumps. More of the nice to really nice manufactured homes.

Last edited by TN Tin Man; 03-27-2009 at 02:58 PM..

Old 03-27-2009, 03:00 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,512,977 times
Cool The Great Smoky Mountains park

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathy9510usa View Post
Can I add to this thread? I've read many postings about this part of Tennessee (Crossville, Cookeville, etc.) and no one has yet mentioned the proximity of and area. Is it easy to get to? Overcrowded? Are there regions of the park that locals know about so you can escape the crowds but still enjoy the Smokies? Many thanks.
115 miles east on I-40 ............

Last edited by JMT; 02-22-2012 at 03:03 PM..

Old 03-27-2009, 03:06 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times
Quote:
the reason for the move is my fiancee owns a home there and he currently is in active duty in the Army and will be deploying soon to Iraq. (he is stationed out west) im moving to Crossville to take care of the house and property. Im an artist with a strong passion for design so I was hoping to find something along those lines but as we all know employment is rough right now and since Im not there I was hoping a "local" could point me in some direction. At this point Ill work anywhere that will hire me. Im really young (24) and have a little one to care for. So if you have any advice...Im ALL ears...
There arent many jobs avaliable around here. Below is a link to classifieds in the Crossville Cronicle. If I hear of anything else I will email you. You may need to look for work around Cookeville too. I live in Cumberland Co. and work in Cookeville. It is only about 30 min drive on I 40. Good luck.
Classified Ads

Old 03-28-2009, 12:00 PM

80 posts, read 258,173 times
Crossville has several small lakes in the area, and kind of has a resort feel to it. There is decent shopping and restaurants in the area. Cookeville has no lakes, has better shopping and restaurants, and is your normal college town. Kingston is actually a really good choice. The lake is beautiful, and you're not only 30 minutes from Knoxville, but you're also only a few minutes from Harriman and Rockwood, which have decent shopping, and restaurants. Furthermore, you're right next to Midtown, which while limited in shopping and places to eat, is home to the Midtown Drive-in, which is a big hit through the summer.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:12 PM

80 posts, read 258,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathy9510usa View Post
Can I add to this thread? I've read many postings about this part of Tennessee (Crossville, Cookeville, etc.) and no one has yet mentioned the proximity of The Great Smoky Mountains park and area. Is it easy to get to? Overcrowded? Are there regions of the park that locals know about so you can escape the crowds but still enjoy the Smokies? Many thanks.
The Great Smoky Mountains aren't that great. If you live in Crossville, you see mountains everyday. For some reason, one weekend every year, I let my wife talk me into going to Gatlinburg for the weekend. Always seems like 400,000 other idiots have the same idea at the same time. What should be a ten minute drive from Pigeon Forge to Gatlinburg takes two and a half hours. Cabins are built right next to and practically right on top of each other. If you're really that hard up to see a bear, you might try a zoo. It will be cheaper. The chances of seeing a bear are increased by a about 95%, and it will take nowhere near as long, freeing you up to enjoy other activities on your weekend.

That said, Crossville is 115 miles away, Cookeville is 148 miles away, and Kingston is 81 miles away.

Last edited by JMT; 02-22-2012 at 03:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville