Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 04:44 PM

25 posts, read 68,902 times

Advertisements

Hello=another s fla relocate=same reason as others LOL about the winter months=who maintains roads up to the wilder mt properties during snow days?how often, if at all, will the roads be unusable? any bad experiance dealing w the wilder mt folks-so far they have been so helpful!! any info on the e obee river-flooding -usage-fishing-general use by the public--all help, greatly appreciated as we will be buying???aug22??? thanks in advance jerry/marion pt st lucie-fl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2006, 10:50 AM

1 posts, read 3,557 times
Default Wilder Mountain

If and when someone travels or moves to Wilder mountain, please post your comments or opinions so that I may learn more about it. I have purchased a lot there but have not been able to visit since. One day I hope to build a small house and spend a few months out of the year there. I would like to hear more about it before I do. Please share any pros or cons. Thank you for your time.

Old 09-29-2006, 11:33 AM

132 posts, read 590,636 times
Wilder Mountain is a very pretty area. And it is not far at all from our home NE Monterey. I have travelled over it a few times to Clarkrage and it is very exciting to say the least. Very winding with lots of views. But the lack of guardrails and the numerous small wash outs along the road keeps my wife from ever traveling that road again.
I did look at property in the area but is was really to far out for me. As the bird flies it's not to far out but we are not birds we have to drive LOL. Living in S FL all my life I live for the snow when I can see it but that road scares me.

Old 10-04-2006, 06:38 PM

6 posts, read 17,544 times
We purchased two sites in Wilder Mountain back in Nov. 05. We recently went back to see what we actually purchased because the actual survey was not done at that time. It was beautiful and there are some houses that are being built. The roads are in and it looks much different than the bumpy ride we took. As it turned out, my son bought some acreage while we were there. We received a call last week saying that ALL of the land has been sold. We are from FL, (big surprise) and hope to build one day and move up there. It was funny to see some of the acreage up for sale with FL area codes. :0)

Old 04-11-2007, 01:18 PM

14 posts, read 55,093 times
Hey oldvett1963,
Was it you that has Lot#1 wilder mt?Wanting input re:new building and stores?How about simple lodging for guest.Not long term stays!!!NN a Dr./Lawyer/Dentist/Office supplies/Hold over groceries and heigens/Fishing/Camping.....Ice cream and Goodies too!!!
G

Old 04-11-2007, 04:00 PM

25 posts, read 68,902 times
Default wilder mt questions

Hi folks=thanks for the replies-keep them coming--wilder mt will be a nice area after we all build-certainly the best views and wildlife in TN==yes we do own that cabin @ the entrance and plan on deveoping it a very tasteful way=always lookinf for input from fellow property owners pros or cons!!!! thanks currently 80 degrees in Pt St Lucie FL=PS Im so ready to get up in t MTS!!!!!!

Old 04-11-2007, 10:51 PM

14 posts, read 55,093 times
Smile Keep Wilderness on Wilder Mt

Hey chey357,
When we viewed Wilder Mt for the first time.All red clay.Rained forever . Couldn't get in to see lots without Jeeps. I rubberbannded plastic bags to my shoes . Of course I was wearing sandles(floridian ya know) . So away we went mudd'n . It was so much fun . But I was sure we'd get stuck and I'd have to sludge..... out of the forrest . Grandma of 14 ,Ha Ha. Something I'll never forget. We got lot 115a. I to am happy to see progress. Just not too much. Don't want to spoil the reason we went there in the first place. Wilderness on Wilder Mountain.

Old 04-29-2007, 08:40 AM

5 posts, read 20,964 times
Hi everyone up there in in Wilder! We too are from where eles Fl. and bought 10 acres in 2005. We've been up several times to walk our land, and dream of the future (3-4 years out). We're currently looking for someone who may have built up there and might be interested in renting it out from time to time. We currently stay at rental cabins in the area but it would be so nice to rent a cabin on the mountain. Anyone renting???

Old 02-16-2008, 07:44 PM

2 posts, read 5,524 times
Thumbs up Wilder Mt ,building in the spring

hi everyone... my husdand & I purchased 16 ac
( 3 buildable ac ) at wilder mt in Novenber 2005
since then , we have visited several time to do inprovements to the land ourselfs....we finally seeked help from local Excavators at a very reasonable price ...we had to have the property Surveyed from the
two pins out at the road before " the Dozer Services could take his equipment on the land
since our parcel had been logged there were no large trees to save ..
my husband , Don spent two weeks on the montain and just loves it ,we are in the process of getting our electric line sent in the 700 free feet . plans for the driveway and having stone drop within weeks , well & septic permit in place ,,, we plan to be Wilder montain folks within the next year ...the roads are great ! the main road leading up to our properties are black topped and well maintained " which was a wonderful surprize " we counted over 17 new home with mail boxes what a relief !!!
SEE ya on the montain

Old 01-16-2009, 09:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,030 times
Hello fellow Wildermountaineers.....I would like to come up to WM in February to show family my property but forgot how to get there....can someone help me with directions to Obey Lane ? Is there much "development" on the property yet ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville